B&M Ripper Shifter Shattered!

ubnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...I was crusing along in my Viper on Saturday, when I noticed my shifter started to become loose. I thought is was wierd that my tight shifter was all of the sudden having a substantial amount of play in it! When I pulled over to look at it I put it into several gears without actually moving the car and then it happened! The B&M Shifter completely snapped off! My question....Has this ever happened to anyone before? Before you ask, the ripper shifter was instaled by a professional Viper Technician in Nashville. Does B&M cover this? The unit is 2 years old.

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YES... Mine did the same thing. You probably have an older version that was brazed at the shifter arm joint. Call B&M, they will replace it free of charge with a newer type. One benefit is the newer design doesn't have the shift adjustment screws. Therefore you (or your installer) will find it much easier to install.

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm well pleased with Dan Cragin's shifter but its not a lot shorter than standard, Does feel light and accurate though.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had TWO B&M Ripper shifters do this to me. The first one was due to a manufacturing flaw, and the second one was due to a weak brazed joint in the top part of the linkage.

My 3rd shifter had only 1000 miles on it, but appeared Ok. If you call B&M they will repair the unit or refund your money. They told me I was the only one they had heard of this happening to - obviously a lie - but they did cover the cost of replacement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine