B/W 1997 GTS whats it worth question

1NASTY69Z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have already had a '97 Red GTS which I have just recently sold. Ive always wanted a B/W GTS. Anyway I was looking at a 2 owner '97 Blue/White GTS with 10,000 original miles with window sticker, etc. Still sports original tires. Super clean original car. Current owner has had it 10 yrs. and bought it with 5,000 miles on it. What do you guys think its worth?

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Need more info to make a better estimate. But lower mi B/Ws have been going for a ballpark of $40+k. Some more, some less. Don't worry, you get what you pay for. 10,000 miles is still considered low miles in Viper Land, so I would be shocked if the asking price isn't over 45k.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway I was looking at a 2 owner '97 Blue/White GTS with 10,000 original miles with window sticker, etc. Still sports original tires. Super clean original car. Current owner has had it 10 yrs. and bought it with 5,000 miles on it. What do you guys think its worth?

depends on overall condition of the car. figure $1000-1200 for new tires as well. Plus another $800 for fluids replacement

Definitely budget for replacing tires so that it is driveable and all fluids if not done recently. I'd have it inspected since that low of a mileage is not really good for various seals. Don't be surprised that things start to leak a little if you start using it regularly. Buyers of low mileage cars usually don't consider this.

OP
OP
1NASTY69Z

1NASTY69Z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. I figured on the tires and fluids. Tires are hard as a rock. The car is very, very, clean. I hate using the word mint or flawless. Its never had any paint work done and there is no major nicks or scratches. Underside is just as clean as the top side. I bought it so I guess it dont matter now :) Even the A/C works! The worst part on the car is its from Maine and it had a front plate on it:( So I have two holes (both in the white stripe part) on the bumper cover. Not sure what Im going to do there yet. But I think I got it for a good price. Just have to do some detailing now. Oh it has 10,077 miles on it.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The worst part on the car is its from Maine and it had a front plate on it:( So I have two holes (both in the white stripe part) on the bumper cover. Not sure what Im going to do there yet. But I think I got it for a good price. Just have to do some detailing now. Oh it has 10,077 miles on it.

I would just go down to Autozone and get a couple of plastic trim plugs and paint them stripe color and plug/cover the holes. Live with that for a few months before you decide on spending big bucks.

You must be registered for see images

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you could check the classifieds for a 97 BW with only 15K on it stock except for Hi Flo cats and Corsa exhaust owned by a long time VCA Member with lots of pictures, garage kept, needs no fluids as they were all changed by Tators Dodge and has four year old tires with only 5K on them. Just an option.

And no front plate holes.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^Def what AZTVR said.

Otherwise, if you're not artsy/craftsy, you can go the more expensive route and try out "bumperplugs" (google it) till ya decide. Congrats on the buy!

OP
OP
1NASTY69Z

1NASTY69Z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just go down to Autozone and get a couple of plastic trim plugs and paint them stripe color and plug/cover the holes. Live with that for a few months before you decide on spending big bucks.

You must be registered for see images

Thats exactly what I was thinking for now :)

OP
OP
1NASTY69Z

1NASTY69Z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you could check the classifieds for a 97 BW with only 15K on it stock except for Hi Flo cats and Corsa exhaust owned by a long time VCA Member with lots of pictures, garage kept, needs no fluids as they were all changed by Tators Dodge and has four year old tires with only 5K on them. Just an option.

And no front plate holes.

Hey Jon, I bought this one. Decided to just pay for it cash as the credit union thing was a pain in the butt. I was trying to keep money in the bank while building this house now. With selling the old car all I needed was $4800 out of pocket for this one so it worked out. I can do all the fluids myself. Just have to do the tires and plug those dumb holes :(

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jon, I bought this one. Decided to just pay for it cash as the credit union thing was a pain in the butt. I was trying to keep money in the bank while building this house now. With selling the old car all I needed was $4800 out of pocket for this one so it worked out. I can do all the fluids myself. Just have to do the tires and plug those dumb holes :(

Good luck with it!

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget the power steering bracket/pulley, known to fail. My 97 has the same background as yours, same mileage. If it has the stock brake pads they will squeal or dust the wheels or both quite easily. Set of Hawk or EBC , I like the Hawk, work great for the street. Skip shift module is a nice easy plug in, let's you use any gear anytime. Change all your fluids and vacuum the a/c, start fresh and the car will be everything you were looking for. And to answer your question, its worth every penny you pay for it, that's what its worth.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4