Backup light problem

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone clued me in to the fact that my reverse lights don't work. I bought some new bulbs thinking that was the problem. I pull out the old ones only to find out that they were still good. My turn signals work properly, but neither reverse light illuminates. Does anyone have any idea where to look? Is there a harness coming off the tranny? I have access to a lift, so it wouldn't be that hard to inspect.......I just don't know what to look for. Thanks in advance.

Frank

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did a quick search as I had heard this problem before. It is most likely your backup light switch on the passengers side of the Tranny, it should be right above the fluid level. Check out this post.

Backup light link

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is pretty easy and not an expensive part - 2 things that you don't usually get in a Viper!!!! :) That is a fairly common failure. Sometimes just taking the existing one out and actuating it a few times will "fix" it, but it's cheap enough just to replace and be done with it.

OP
OP
E

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Janni. Sorry, but I haven't been a good NC resident as I have yet to get the VCA membership. I am always afraid of committing to something only to get deployed somewhere and have it be useless (it's happened in other ways to me already). I would love to join you guys in club events if I could only find the time. :(