Bad Buying Experience - Wayne Dodge (NJ)

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely wrong!

Of course the new franchise must be creating some changes to their old Pontiac building... but their Vipers have always been spread over both facilities, and I've never visited their dealership without being shown a gorgeous Viper area. And Viper tech? Absolutely available. Just had an amazingly quick oil change a few weeks ago by an absololute pro. Kevin is the best!

Buhler is committed more than EVER to the sale of Vipers.They just recently took on Mitsubishi and are in the process of moving showroom floorplan around to better suit all of their customers.As far as Viper Techs they have one of the best around in Kevin.

Take it easy guys, never said anything bad about Buhler itself, got my '05 from them and yes Kevin services my car too BUT you can't tell me there isn't a different 'feel' when at the place. Whenever I would stop by, sometimes just to say hi, Bob would always take me in the back area and we would just look and talk about all the Vipers that would be there. Went 3 weeks ago and nothing...not 1 Viper. Felt kinda sad.
At englishtown last month everyone oohhhed and aaahhed over the Viper followed by..'too bad they killed it.' Heck these are supposedly 'car enthusiasts' and they still think the Viper is dead. No more car mag comparos, advertisements, ads..nothing. Someone has to get some PR going!!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with the "no press" issue right now. But hopefully, with Mr Gilles behind the wheel, that will change.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at the car and talked to this guy after I got a tip that they were in serious financial trouble and would take any reasonable offer.

Mike DeFalco said it was the owner's son's car. I spoke to another guy over the weekend at a different car/bike dealer and he was familiar with the car and from what he told me, we're both luck that we didn't buy it becuase the car apparently has issues... Although he wouldn't specify..

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too am actually having an issue with a local dodge dealer... they gave me trouble before I bought the viper (not through them) and afterwards in terms of inspection and service.... one of there techs was seconds away from drilling into my front end to mount an RT10 license plate bracket.... honestly I think poor service is a trend most dodge dealers fall into

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both sons had vipers.I looked at the other sons' silver vert.It had 8k more miles on it than what was advertised.A chip or scratch on every panel,spider web cracking on both bumper covers,power steering hoses leaked.They were asking 44k,34k would have been more like it.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked at the car and talked to this guy after I got a tip that they were in serious financial trouble and would take any reasonable offer.

Mike DeFalco said it was the owner's son's car. I spoke to another guy over the weekend at a different car/bike dealer and he was familiar with the car and from what he told me, we're both luck that we didn't buy it becuase the car apparently has issues... Although he wouldn't specify..
I have seen Vipers with 5x the mileage in better condition (To put it mildly the car WASNOT in the best shape) .Background check revealed it was basically a multiowner auction car that the owner of the dealerships son picked up for the right price to drive for the summer in NJ and then DUMP.Clutch was way out (throwout bearing howled )Front facia marred ,Entire front quarter of the car looked like it was sandblasted ect.

OP
OP
D

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen Vipers with 5x the mileage in better condition (To put it mildly the car WASNOT in the best shape) .Background check revealed it was basically a multiowner auction car that the owner of the dealerships son picked up for the right price to drive for the summer in NJ and then DUMP.Clutch was way out (throwout bearing howled )Front facia marred ,Entire front quarter of the car looked like it was sandblasted ect.

Again, thanks for checking that out for me. It seems it was for the best I didn't buy that one. Now I'm the proud owner of a mint condition srt, that I feel was a great deal.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, thanks for checking that out for me. It seems it was for the best I didn't buy that one. Now I'm the proud owner of a mint condition srt, that I feel was a great deal.
Your welcome Kyle .Enjoy your new Viper.

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brother, they dicked me around too. They listed an 05 or 06, and I wanted to take a look. Then they said it was out and would be in in a few days. Then they called me and said the guy wants to keep it. Then they said they had a another coming in and I setup a time to see it. Then they said the sold it!!! Then they said come on in and we'll order you a new one......

As I read this thread, I was like holy s#$t!!! That is the same car they said the guy didn't want to sell!!!

Also, I bought a T&C from Fullerton Dodge in Somerset, NJ, and have had my Viper worked on here (LOF, Borla), and they have 2 techs. They are honest and reasonable. The head mechanic told me that, although they have 2 techs, they are not as knowledgeable or experienced as the Warnock tech, because Warnock sees so many more Vipers. I thought it was nice that he was that open about it.

Last edited: