Battery Cover Removal/Tender

Yellow Viper Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2005 Yellow SRT-Canadian car with 8000 Kms. With winter approaching (especially in Canada-sadly):

I just want to advise everyone that the operation is best done with a Torx T30 screwdriver bit and any cordless screwdriver should have enough torque. There are 5 screws that are about 1.5 inches in length. You probably will strip the screws if you use a phillips or even a hex bit.

I just did it yesterday and also put on a CTEK 3300 eyelet quick release pigtail for a trickle charger.

For you purists, you can see the negative wire out the back(on CTEK pigtail) as it is black/red so if you are that precise and dont want anything visible then use black tape over the negative wire of the pigtail attachment and it will drape down the battery in the back and then be invisible.

The CTEK has a useful rubber cover for the adapter when it is sitting on the diffuser to protect from elements. You can easily reach it from the slotted rear clip area. I am not trying to Sell CTEK like Sham wows but it is used by Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo/ so I decided I will try it.

For those who have never looked in the battery area, the battery sits on a welded tray (cannot be removed) and has a clamp down screw. The positive terminal is closer to the rear of car and battery sits length wise.

There is also a battery temp sensor in the left quarter panel that is supposed to monitor battery charge required back to battery based on battery temperature. It must be in contact with the side of the battery to be of any use.

I am no gear head by any stretch so any of you who have ever thought of a battery tender for winter should know it is not overly difficult.

I used to have a 2001 RT Yellow and taking off the wheel was a pain in ass and beyond what I wanted to do so comparatively, the battery is actually easier to access.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same on and ran the cord through an opening in the frame and zip tied it there so it does not dangle. Works great.

Bruce