Battery tender help

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the batterytender wyhich comes with a slipfit connection you can hard wire to the battery. My question is it better to wire directly to positive and negative or better to use the frame as the ground for the negative?

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nader, just wire the pos. to the pos. post and the neg. to the neg. post. The supplied ring terminals on the wires fit right on the screws on the battery posts terminals. I guess your factory post terminals are the same as the 08. I have replaced mine with Streetwires terminals and an Optima battery, but when I first bought the car that is how I did it.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone hooked up under the hood of a Gen IV and used the jump start terminal? I would like to use this location instead of directly to the battery, but I need to know the nut size and thread pitch to purchase for the jump start post. Thanks-

OP
OP

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone hooked up under the hood of a Gen IV and used the jump start terminal? I would like to use this location instead of directly to the battery, but I need to know the nut size and thread pitch to purchase for the jump start post. Thanks-

Wow. Great to see an old thread come back around. :) I would recommend hooking up directly to the battery. This is what I ended up doing on my GEN IV and it works great.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. Great to see an old thread come back around. :) I would recommend hooking up directly to the battery. This is what I ended up doing on my GEN IV and it works great.

I have a GTS also, using the jump start location under the hood for my battery tender (they are top and bottom on a car lift and I have a 2 bank battery tender), so I thought it would be easier if they were in the same location on both vehicles.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for a battery tender...what brand is recommended and how much should i pay?

I pulled my battery out because the car in my sig is in long term storage and it is hooked up to a CTEK XS 4003 permanently.
Works like a charm, first you connect the plugs to the battery then plug it into the wall socket and it starts loading. What's especially nice is that it has a function on it that is supposed to bring a heavily depleted battery back to full health.
It comes with a plug and either two clams or two fittings (please pardon my bad translation) for permanent hookup for the clamp's screw to go through too.

So far so happy!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte