Belanger Exhuast Rattle Noise??

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently brought my 03 viper to Huntington beach dodge to check on an exhaust rattle. They claim the rattling is coming from my cats. After further inspection, they claim my belanger headers may have gone offline and that they are loose. I had Valaya racing in San Jose do that job. Anyone else have this issue before?? I just hope it's not too expensive.

Thanks

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about the headers, but I've had cats rattle before.

Question, I had Belanger on my GenII & loved it. I'm thinking of the catback Belanger (hiflo cats with 3" muffs), but I can't find anyone out there running it on an SRT, been searching the sites & posting. How do you like the system on the SRT (rattle aside), especially with the catback?

Dave.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take it back to valaya to have a peek. had headers done there, no rattle. you might have blown a hole in your cat. inside the cat is material & a chunk of that may be loose, in which case you want a new cat anyways. have it checked.

OP
OP
S

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about the headers, but I've had cats rattle before.

Question, I had Belanger on my GenII & loved it. I'm thinking of the catback Belanger (hiflo cats with 3" muffs), but I can't find anyone out there running it on an SRT, been searching the sites & posting. How do you like the system on the SRT (rattle aside), especially with the catback?

Dave.

Other than the few problems, like burnt o2 sensors, and extra rattling noises, it's great! It's way it should sound IMHO. Performance is better too! But If I would have known it was going to cause so many problems, I would of have saved a lot of money and left it stock with just a k&N.

WHERE CAN I GET THESE O2 SIMMS??

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have ceramic Hi Flow cats sometimes the ceramic will break apart if the get overheated. Also if your cats have a heat shield that comes loose they rattle. Another place to look is at the 3 bolt flange on the headers collector where the cats mount up to. I have seen installers use nylon insert lock nuts and the nylon melts leaving the nuts to loosen up and cause a rattle. Switching to type "C" lock nuts solves this problem.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
-If the headers are loose you will hear exhaust leak.
-The cats (especially ceramic) will sometimes crack inside and then rattle...

BTW, RT cats are crap, good job throwing away your money.

Cheers

OP
OP
S

supratime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got back with the dealer. They stated that the head shield was indeed loose. They cut a piece of the shield off that was rattling. I hope this wont increase heat issues. Any ideas. The dealer did insured me it will not affect anything. thank everyone!