Black Mamba anyone? Priced right - pics too!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our favorite local Dodge dealer (and VCA member) has announced that they are selling the dealership. As such, they have only ONE remaining 2004 - and it is a Viper SRT-10 Black Mamba. I stopped by with the wife to shoot some pics for you guys and even she said, "Man, if we didn't have that yellow beast in the garage this would be the car to have..."

You must be registered for see images

Not many (if any) brand new Mamba's out there. And don't forget, this is the LAST year that Dodge offered the 7/70 powertrain warranty on the Viper - 2005's are back to the typical 3/36 on the powertrain. This gorgeous car has 46 miles and is still on the MSO (untitled). Includes boot cover and Mamba Edition car cover. Priced EXTREMELY well for the right buyer. Because the dealership will transfer hands on March 31, this car must be sold by March 30. No trades. While I won't repeat the price here, I can tell you this is a GREAT deal on a new Viper - and one that would rival those "green sheet" deals we just heard about. Drop me a PM or an e-mail if you want to know more.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great :2tu: ...just curious...the logo on the front of the car...does it just come in red if the car is a mamba?

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mamba = Red front badge & red/black interior & red "SRT-10" side badges. Also includes car cover & dash number emblem.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean this badge?

I kinda liked that shot, especially at 6 megapixels... :2tu:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2KSRT yes I was talking about that one...heres mine from my srt :D (I love saying that)...I think I had it set to 5 megapixels don't remember though)

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody turn that logo upside down and show some of the noobs Daffy

Colored it in for those that couldn't see it otherwise (and there were a few):

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't the warranty have to do with the date the car is sold (Titled) and not the year the vehicle was manufactured?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't the warranty have to do with the date the car is sold (Titled) and not the year the vehicle was manufactured?
I am fairly positive it is the year the car is manufactured, as the "eligibility" is stated on the window sticker. Two examples:

1. A 1997 GTS was sold (brand new), in the fall of 2003. 2003 offered 7/70 powertrain warranties on the SRT-10. That GTS still got a 3/36 according to Dodge records.

2. There were several 2002's sold new in 2003 (and some in 2004), yet you won't find a single GTS or RT/10 out there with an original 7/70 warranty from the factory. All have the warranty that "stickers" with the car.

Let me know if you find out otherwise, but I am 99.999% sure this is correct.

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Y2K5SRT is right, a local dealer had a 2000 GTS "new" last year. I was looking at it the same time I bought the 04. The GTS came with 7/70 warranty.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't think the 7/70 warranty was on the 2000's. I think it started later, so how did it have the 7/70?

Y2K5SRT is right, a local dealer had a 2000 GTS "new" last year. I was looking at it the same time I bought the 04. The GTS came with 7/70 warranty.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 2002 Dodge did not run the 7/70 all year. The ads kept saying the 7/70 was until March 31 so hurry in to your local Dodge dealer (for example).

I'm sure Bill Pemberton can set the record straight.

I have been wrong many times before, so this won't be the 1st time.

2. There were several 2002's sold new in 2003 (and some in 2004), yet you won't find a single GTS or RT/10 out there with an original 7/70 warranty from the factory. All have the warranty that "stickers" with the car.

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My mistake, the dealer told me that the warrenty applies to when the car is sold.
The "new" 2000 GTS they had would include the 7/70. The car had never been titled.(demo miles on it)
Apologies Cody I misread Y2K5SRT reply.

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my 02 ACR new last July 03 and it came with 7/70. The date of the car sold is the in-service date and the warranty starts from there.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well then how about this: I bought my 2005 in August of 2004 - when the 7/70 was in full force. When looking at the actual "profile" in DC's dealer service system, it clearly shows a 3/36 on the power train. Even the dealers at the time thought it had a 7/70. Dodge's records show otherwise.

So despite what you may have been told or might even be on your contract, have your dealer look up your car to see the actual warranty dates. Mine looked like this as of last fall:

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
True that is what I was told and yes have your dealer look up your car.
I know this is off topic, but at first the same dealer also told me SRT products such as my Viper only came with 3/36!! I had DC send me an email confirming my 7/70 went back with this in hand. They were surprised, looked it up as Y2K5SRT suggested and behold my VIN# info stated mine was 7/70! Shows you this dealer doesn't sell alot of Vipers.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warranty starts the day the car comes off MSO and is sold.

Early years...like the 1997 required the "Extended" warranty to be purchased. It could be purchased later, with a slight penalty of $100/year up to three years. The extended warranty can be transferred one time for a fee of $50.

I think the GENII cars that had the 7 year coverage were under a sales promo. I might be wrong, but I don't think a window decal reflected the longer warranty.

Then the GENIII cars came out with the longer warranty and then they went back in 2005 knowing that Y2k5SRT was going to hit the Drag Strip with his :)

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am fairly positive it is the year the car is manufactured, as the "eligibility" is stated on the window sticker. Two examples:

1. A 1997 GTS was sold (brand new), in the fall of 2003. 2003 offered 7/70 powertrain warranties on the SRT-10. That GTS still got a 3/36 according to Dodge records.

Let me know if you find out otherwise, but I am 99.999% sure this is correct.

I purchased my 02' GTS Final Edition in June 04' brand new with 7 miles from Scotia Dodge in NY. It has the 7 year 70,000 mile warranty on the engine and powertrain. I know this as fact becuase I keep receiving extended warranty letters and brochures from Dodge stating:

"Right now, your Viper's engine, powertrain, and driveline are backed by our 7 year/70,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty. The other components of your vehicle are covered for 3 years/36,000 miles in out Basic Limited Warranty."

Not only did I get a great deal on the price, but I got a nice warranty as well. :headbang: Do you guys think I should opt for the extended warranty? I do not put alot of miles on the car, but I do plan on keeping it til' I am six feet under.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the GENII cars that had the 7 year coverage were under a sales promo. I might be wrong, but I don't think a window decal reflected the longer warranty.
Look closely at the bottom of this picture from the window sticker:

Hmmmm...