Blue Tooth Stereo because of new BC hands free laws

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jan 1 2010 the Liberals made it law that hand held electronic devices are illegal to use while driving. I upgraded my Green Stealth TT to a Premier DEH-P790BT Hi-power CD/ipod/Sat/etc. radio. It was under $500 with a deal from Sight and Sound in Williams Lake. I liked the phone display on the dash and the automatic functions. The Bluetooth worked so well that it was like speaking to the person while they were sitting in the pass seat. I liked it so much that I bought another one and installed it in my GTS.

Bought another Stealth R/T TT this spring and as of Jan I was peaking out of my car looking for somewhere to pull over and hide from the cops while on the phone. $135 per ticket. Soooo I stopped at Sight and Sound in Williams Lake and bought a $400 double box instal Pioneer P8000BT. Installed in about 3 hours. The stereo shop had only a couple BT Stereos left because Xmas to New Years all their BT tech stuff went out the door. 3 BT stereos left. 2 Clarions for $299 and a Pioneer for $450. So Derrick sold me the last Pioneer for $400 and I added some Kicker 6" 3ways and some triple 6 x 9"s. After installing the head unit the sound was amazing with the stock speakers. I'll probably change themout anyway.

You must be registered for see images

I need to make a call and get a new trimplate as the factory one doesn't fit tight around the deck.

Ted

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Handsfree is a lot safer.
I tried several handsfree and a couple of bluetooth, but could not get any to work very well in the big rig. The wife has one built into her stereo in her Charger Daytona and that works great, but there is too much background noise in trucks.
I finally went to the local communications shop and they said to try the Blueparrott B250-XT. It is a headset with one earpiece and a swingdown mike. It may not look cool but it sure works. I can hear better and people keep asking if I am at home when I am driving down the highway with the window open.

I think it may even work in HSSSSSS, Greg.:headbang:

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The new Pioneer doesn't have the great sound that my 790BT stereos have. Might be able to adjust the tone (too much bass), but the 790BTs are preset and work perfect. Th dodge Ram 1500 quad works OK, but the Premier shows signal strength, battery, on/off etc.

You need a unit with a directional mike Ron.

My BT stereo works perfect in my GTS - and it's the loudest Viper I've ever heard, except 1. Since cell phones only work 320kms and farther from my home I don't want to click anything onto my ear. Notice I have no earrings? I hate all phones, but also am thankful that I don't have to look for pay phones.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They do have mikes that mount by the door post with a swing arm but the beauty of this one is mobility. I can be loading or unloading (both noisy areas) and only have to unclip the phone from the 3 watt booster and put it in my pocket and carry on my conversation.:2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS