Body Shops in Southern California

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you can give me a top quality and trustworthy body shop in Southern California. I am battling an insurance company that is trying to short change me on a repair, so this shop really needs to know the intimate details of working on Vipers.

I tried going to 6 different shops, and 5 said that they couldn't work on them (unless I wanted to be the first). The one that said they could do the work, didn't have enough knowledge of Vipers to convince the insurance adjuster that they knew what they were doing. I live in Manhattan Beach (by LAX), so the closer the better.

Thanks for your feedback. Happy holidays to all of you.

Brad

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad - I met a Viper owner several months back, and he owns a body shop in Long Beach. I'll try to find his business card when I get home tonight.

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bet you that the guy that you met is Steve Naing of CollisonWorks. He drives a black '99 ACR with silver stripes, right? He's a good buddy of mine and recently sold his interest in that shop. He was one of the first guys that I called after my encounter at SEMA.

Thanks for your feedback.

Have a great holiday.

Brad

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hey, Brad. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Have you called Said? Its the best I can think of. On a recent visit to his shop, I saw a car that he was painting. The body work looked smooth as glass, even at a low angle. If you look at my Viper from the same angle, with its factory paint job, you can see lots of wrinkles. Said did a better job on that car than the factory paint job! Sounds like a load of crap? Its true... I saw it with my own two eyes!

Wish you the best, and Merry Christmas.

and Happy Chanukah.

(and Kwanza, for those so inclined)
smile.gif

No kind words for Islam from this cat! We refuse asimulation into the Borg empire.

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad Manhattan Beach:
I bet you that the guy that you met is Steve Naing of CollisonWorks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right! Oh well... He was trying to purchase an RS*R exhaust for his NSX when I met him. Tell him I said hi, next time you see him.

I hope all goes well.

OP
OP
B

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For anyone else looking for a shop in SoCal, I found Ole Vandborg's new shop in West LA. He is the the person who ran Claude Short's body shop for many years, and has probably worked on more Vipers than anyone.

He got almost his entire crew from Claude Short, as well as all of the specialty equipment that they designed specificallly for Vipers.

Here is his contact info:

Scandinavian Coachcraft
2251 Stoner Avenue
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

Phone: (310) 479-5171

It's nice to see quality paint & body people who have good experience with Vipers. I will be dropping my car off there just after the holidays.

Happy holidays to all of you!

Brad

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad,

Hey It's Usman Malik. Long time no see. Sorry to hear about your accident. What happened? What's the insurance company trying to do?
Yea, I know about Steve, he sold his shop. He's also selling his Red RT (My old red RT ..
smile.gif

Let me know what's new. I lost your number, but e-mail me at [email protected]

Flyng Low

VCA Member
Reaction score
Now there's another damaged Viper in the southern LA area that needs help. I had a meeting with the center divider and my right rear Friday morning on I-5 N, 1/2 mi south of Pico. I had the Viper transported to Barwick Dodge in San Juan Capistrano. They sent it next door to Specialized Coach Works. I've talked to Tom Cormer there and he sounds experienced with Vipers, well equipped, and competent. Does anyone have any experience with this place? He said he has fixed lots of Vipers.

Thanks, Curt

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte