Bring on the Hayabusa!!!!!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TobyT:
Well my bone stock ICBM <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
BONE? ICBM? Is that a rocket in your pocket, or are you just happy to see Busa Boy?
laugh.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the new smack-talkin' Vipermad.

Busa,

With all due respect, comparing cars to bikes in terms of "cost to go fast" is just dumb. Like I said, I don't know anyoen that rides that doesn't have a car - and I don't know anyone that rides that wouldn't like a FAST car.

As for your "friend" that ran 7's - was that the guy that claimed to run 7.94@212mph??? Oh boy, I'm still laughing over that one
smile.gif
. I have a 'friend' that ran 7's in his Viper, so I guess that means my dad can beat up your dad, and my brother's dog's goldfish's sister's cousin has a busa that got beat by a Viper so based on the evidence presented, we know Vipers are faster
laugh.gif

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Busa,

I would like to tap your expertise:

Stock Busa : ??? RWHP
Minor Mods : ??? RWHP (Please include cost + mods)
Moderare Mods : ??? RWHP (Please include cost + mods)
Major Mods : ??? RWHP (Please include cost + mods)

I have kicked around the idea of purchasing a Radical SR3. Basically, and extremely light (1,000 pound) track car. The car utilizes the Hayabusa motor. Picture below:

Thanks in advance.

radical2.jpg

91ZR1#661

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utahviper,
A bike is the only thing that can give you a race?
Please spare me,have you ever tried a TT 427 lingenfelter
corvette on for size.The ONLY thing you would be seeing
is oval tail lights.And it certainly DOES NOT qualify as
a motorcycle.
Please!
95yellovett(Z07)

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In every day driving in UTAH I have never seen a twin turbo corvette. Maybe if I lived in a big city I might seen a couple but there is not many out there. If I drive around for an entire month I might see a few cars that would even be worth running but I see bikes every day. Whenever I see a bike that wants to race, with little or no traffic, I will run him. However, I don't waste my time with very many cars. There are cars out there that will beat my car but you never see them on the street here in UTAH, you see them on trailers going to the track. If I want to get beat 9 times out of 10 I will go to the track on ET night with all the racers in their non-street legal cars with slicks.

If you know somebody who has a twin turbo tell him I will be happy to race. I am always looking for a race even if I lose.

I am not saying my car is unbeatable, just that motorcyles are more of a challenge than cars in UTAH.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Busa:
Mike,

How's the R1 running? Haven't seen ya this year, went up once last week, spun ALL gears up to 140...track was bad. Hope the resurfacing helps. We are goin up for rental the 26th if you are interested in practicing.

About Busa's and 1/4 times. My 1st pass @ NED was a 10.03@135 shifting early(9k) with a '58 short. It had the clutch mod to allow smooth launches, stock pipes etc. 9's are attainable with a skilled rider from a stock machine. Pipe, remap, lowering put me in the 9.60's @145mph, 70's VERY consistantly. GPS over 190 terminal. Last pass last year was a high '30 @151, with a poor '70 short time. With a good tire\short time it would be teens@153, all motor. Hardest obstacle has been getting the clutch/tire to work properly, especially weeknights @ NED.

Short story for ya....Built a motor for a customer this winter(Busa). Big $$ motor. He ran a GNX Monday night down here on the street for $$$K. Car was supposed to be 980rwhp last years tune up, this year 1100+hp. I can't say yea or nea, I don't know cars that well. The car was BAD, with 14" slicks on it, twin turbos, progressive control. My customer had called me to come and watch the race. Car "supposedly" went 9.40's at almost 150 last year. Even start, bike pulled out a little in 1st, car pulled back little in 2nd, bike hit 3rd and pulled out, hit 4th and pulled more. Busa margin by 4-5 bikes. This is NOT a stock Busa, and was an ALL motor pass. If the car had left harder would have been closer, this bike has traction probs on street tire. They ran 3 more times, car won once.

As for stock bikes and roll ons. Had another customer call me last year. He has a ZX12 with pipe. He was playin with one of your toys(Viper), as was amazed how close the car stayed till 160. He said he wasn't using everything the bike had, but he was ridin it fairly hard. He is an above average rider.

To estimate rollons till 170, use power to weight ratio. A Busa with pipe weighs about 510lbs with fuel and makes ~165rwhp. About 3.1lbs/hp. Factor in a rider weight of 170lbs, gives you about 4.1lbs/hp. Compare that to your cars power/weight ratio, I don't know those #'s. Over 180 is pretty much all aero's and HP. Stock Busa well tuned/ridden will do 190+.

Mike catch me @ NED, I am still running the copper bike. BTW I am posting under someone else's login, thought you guys would like some real #'s, no BS.

Dave Owen
Xtreme Performance

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Busa,

You are Dave??? LOLOLOLOL

Sorry I didn't know it was you
smile.gif
Didn't mean to come across as flaming you....

Have you seen the guy up there with the silver 'busa? He barely cracked the 9's and his bike wasn't stock.

Don't you have quite a bit of work done to your bike too???? you have the copper one right?

I sold my '01 R1 and got an '02. I haven't been at the track much because i've been working way too much - but when I get my SRT I will be back with a vengeance (against Z06's)

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread! It's refreshing to see some real numbers and data being discussed, rather than 'my machine is better than yours' yada yada. I guess the bottom line is that if you put enough time, money, and resources into vehicle X, you can make it faster than vehicle Y. I think it's all part of the hot-rodding spirit, to make yourself faster than anyone else. Of course, some people prefer using two wheels over four wheels and vice versa.

I've read that a well driven stock 600 cc sportbike can break into the high nines in the quarter (I believe Ryan Schnitz is one of the first to do it). Regarding standing mile times, I know that Doug Meyer was able to hit 192 mph at the Maxton airstrip with a stock ZX12, and was able to hit 199 mph with only a pipe mod. He believes that if the air temps were cooler (it was mid 90s), he probably could've broke 200. I asked him how long it took to cover the mile, and he estimates it took about 24-25 seconds, but he wasn't looking for elapsed times, only mph.

I certainly think an 800 hp Viper beast would be a handful to deal with, even with the fastest stock big-bore bikes! But of course, the modded bikers can step in to save the day...

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by utahviper:
Maybe if I lived in a big city I might seen a couple but there is not many out there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No worries--you probably won't ever see one here in the city, either.

Like Lingfelter Vehicles are crowding the freeways.
rolleyes.gif

Might as well whine about F40s being competition. Oh, yeah, those roll up at stoplights next to me all the time.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MOTORCYCLE VS. CAR? FACTs ARE: 1/4 mile world record for a car (top fuel dragster-supercharged) = 4.40 sec's at 331 mph. 1/4 mile world record for a motorcycle (top fuel funnybike-supercharged) = 5.90 sec's at 235 mph. i'd say that's a pretty big difference in speed and e.t. between the two. even though the motorcycle is slower i bet the trip down the quarter mile is much more thrilling. with that said i would like to add that i own not only a 2001 viper acr but a 2001 honda cbr 929 as well. anybody who would like to bet me ($1000) that their bone stock viper can beat my bone stock motorcycle. reply to my challenge via this thread. bring your money and your viper to southwestern international raceway in tucson, arizona. since i've named the place. you name the time. for a listing of track events, dates and times. visit www.sirace.com

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Busa:
for a 3615lb (including a 200lb driver) Viper to run 143MPH in the 1/4 it would require roughly 825RWHP or 950 crank HP.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whichever member of the Busa cluster post added this isn't even close. I wish I had the 100 extra rwhp but I don't. Check the sig.