broke 200MPH in my 2000ACR

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I was going down hill(a very steep long hill), but 200MPH is still 200MPH.
200MPH on my Spedo was showing 6100RPM in 5th, I then put it in 6th pulled a bit than lett off. The car felt very smooth, smoother than it feels at 160MPH. After the road flattened out I ran it up till it toped out again, on flat ground it looked as if a little over 190MPH was about it. Still dam fast for a 100% stock car.

my ? is with 3.45's can these cars pull 6th gear? or will me top end still be in 5th (around 179MPH @6100??)

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, you have some big ones if you hit 200 on a public road, come to think of it, you have some big ones to hit 200 ANYWHERE
laugh.gif
nice run. Also I think 5th will get you the max MPH even with higher gears. I think the top speed in 6th is 150ish with stock rear so with 3.45 it probably will not be much more, but not sure.

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was about 3AM, I only passed 1 truck (at about 190) I bet he craped his shorts!

i also raced a buddy's 94 big single turbo supra that same night, from 60mph-up, from 60mph to 160MPH he pulled me by about 2 car lenths, then he had to go into his 6th (5th in a 93-up supra is 1 to 1!!) and then I started pulling on him, I pulled him by about 3 cars by 180mph
smile.gif

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan, if you dont bleave me come on down I will take you for the ride of you life, and I tell you what if I dont brake 200MPH with you in the car I will give you $5000, but if I do you give me $5000

what you say?

and then I will take you for a ride in my 95 stealth, and show you what 220mph feels like, if you got the balls!

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
COUNTACH

Yes I am, I am SnakeSkinner on 3si. (I thought that name my his a nerve on here so i used FastMatt).

I am the Owner of DynamicRacing

I have seen your race car, GT-pro is building it right? I stoped by GT-Pro last time I was in CA, and saw it sitting there all striped.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see....200mph in a street car.No cage,no fuel cell,etc,etc.Guy in truck might have reached over for a coffee or to light a smoke and swerved slightly...Deer crossing...Count me out please.I don't even want to watch. Bruce

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your not living on the edge, your taking up too much space.

" When was the last time you were scared? Not worried, or concerned, I'm talking about the real stuff. the copper taste of brut fear. Like the feeling of crawling at 85mph after red lining it. Remember how good that edge was? That’s were we live, every day."

COUNTACH, can I get a AMEN?

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,
I thought the 95 had a blown motor. Or did you rebuild it already?

Alan,
If you take Matt up on his offer I will bring my radar gun to verify speeds. 220 mph in a Stealth I want to see for myself.

If this can be done the boys and girls at 3SI will go nuts.

Or maybe this is a good race for Marko. Supra vs. Stealth for 1 mile.

Marko, you out there?

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am pulling the build motor out of me 93 and putting it in my 95
smile.gif
just waiting on the carbon/carbon clutch to get here

do the math man tire size, .74 5th gear, 3.07 RR gears, and 6100RPM... = just over 200mph in a viper

the thing about 174 is with 3.45 gears (that would be 6100 in 5th with 3.45 gears) READ MY POST AGAIN, befor you start Flaiming me, and I offer stands to who ever wants to come down and take that hill with me! just bring $5000 with you, I got the balls, but do you have the bred?

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here try this http://www.syty.org/old/calculator.html

335/30R18's are not in there, but 335/35R17's are (my 335/30R18's are 26.1" tall, and the 335/35R18's are 26.2" tall close enuff)

3.07 gears, 0.74 5th gear, and 6100rpm = 203MPH

Now remind you that this is DOWN HILL! my ACR only ran 190-191 on flat ground,( this was around 5700rpm on the tac)befor running out of power to pull.

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS as for my 95 stealth I have pulled just under 6700rpm in 6th gear.

so feed these #'s into the thing

95 stealth
275/35R18 tires
3.87 gears
0.59 6th gear
6700RPM

O wait thats only 216MPH, so come down and I will show you 216MPH in my 95 stealth.

It's not like going 200+MPH in a 3/s is a big deal, HMS did 197MPH in 93 with only 16psi of boost!

and then broke 217 a yr or 2 L8r, with higher boost, and there car was not making near the power mine is!

Kevin Owner of Majestic turbo was driving the thing, I think

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do the math man tire size, .74 5th gear, 3.07 RR gears, and 6100RPM... = just over 200mph in a viper

the thing about 174 is with 3.45 gears (that would be 6100 in 5th with 3.45 gears) READ MY POST AGAIN, befor you start Flaiming me, and I offer stands to who ever wants to come down and take that hill with me! just bring $5000 with you, I got the balls, but do you have the bred?

Matt, my hat is off to you, I wish there was a hill like that near where I live. I do believe you went that fast because I went 190 in my bone stock 1996 GTS about 2 and 1/2 years ago and I had to get out of it because I was coming up on people. I know this sounds cliche, but I felt there was more to go if I did not have to slow down. The car felt very stable with the stock alignment even though being 2" lower a little later on after some mods the car felt even better! As you probably know, an 11,000 mile 1997 went 192.6 MPH in a Motor Trend test on an oval. Tony Estes, the Viper Club President went 205 MPH down a hill in a silverstate race, so I definitely know it is possible! As far as 220 MPH in a Stealth would be almost as awesome as 220 MPH in a Viper. Tony Darwin went 215 MPH in his Viper on NOS. I've got to come out with you in my car and do the 200+ down thi hill, that would be cool! Paolo

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can hear the discovering officers conversation now.What do you think it was?Jet plane?Ufo? I don't know.Lets call it in and tell them to bring plastic baggies and sponges. Bruce

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,
There's an easy way to shut everyone up, since I don't think anyone will really plunk down 5 bills for a ride in your car. Have a friend who likes to live on the edge as you do take a digital pic of the speedo with background. Easy enough and it would shut any doubters up!

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
COUNTACH

My 95 is making around 750hp at 29psi boost, and 50shot of NOS.
I hope with my New motor, even bigger turbos, to get over 800 on the NOS. As it was befor, it walked away from my Viper like it was standing still.

TurboSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FastMatt:
and then I will take you for a ride in my 95 stealth, and show you what 220mph feels like<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The BS light is lit!
A 220 mph Dodge Stealth,you need to get to Bonneville or Maxton and get that certified,even at 700+HP I don't think you can overcome the aeros to run that fast.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt the speedo is accurate at those speeds.... bring a handheld GPS if you really want to know how fast your going...

You must be registered for see images

Brooks

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally understand everyone's 'Need For Speed' while reading this topic, but be careful. A Viper owner in Pittsburgh was racing a speed bike at over 160 MPH. They came out of a tunnel (Squirrel Hill Tunnels) and approached an unexpected slower moving truck. Both had to brake very hard. The Viper hit the rear of the bike, propelling the rider from the bike. The Viper went into a spin hitting the truck in front of him. Bottom line: Guy on bike - Dead. Driver and passenger (his girlfriend) in Viper - Badly injured. Guy in truck - badly injured. Once the police arrived, they arrested the Viper driver and charged him with vehicular homicide. This is a true story and happened about 1 year ago. I don't now if the Viper driver served any prison sentence, but living with that guilt must be horrible. The guy on the bike was a good friend of his, and his girlfriend + truck driver will have pains for many years. Bottom line: Be careful, use common sense, and try to relieve your 'Need For Speed' in a safer environment. I'd also like to ask the reader's if this person I'm taking about had 'BIG BALLS' or just 'a small brain'?

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif
smile.gif

OntarioJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onerareviper:
I totally understand everyone's 'Need For Speed' while reading this topic, but be careful. A Viper owner in Pittsburgh was racing a speed bike at over 160 MPH. They came out of a tunnel (Squirrel Hill Tunnels) and approached an unexpected slower moving truck. Both had to brake very hard. The Viper hit the rear of the bike, propelling the rider from the bike. The Viper went into a spin hitting the truck in front of him. Bottom line: Guy on bike - Dead. Driver and passenger (his girlfriend) in Viper - Badly injured. Guy in truck - badly injured. Once the police arrived, they arrested the Viper driver and charged him with vehicular homicide. This is a true story and happened about 1 year ago. I don't now if the Viper driver served any prison sentence, but living with that guilt must be horrible. The guy on the bike was a good friend of his, and his girlfriend + truck driver will have pains for many years. Bottom line: Be careful, use common sense, and try to relieve your 'Need For Speed' in a safer environment. I'd also like to ask the reader's if this person I'm taking about had 'BIG BALLS' or just 'a small brain'?

BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said, You can "live on the edge" but lets not make unsuspecting truck drivers or mothers with kids do the same.
I also have the need for speed, but coming up on unsuspecting traffic at anything over 120 bothers me.

I learned my lesson when I was younger with my v-12 jag at 160 almost killing myself, my girlfriend and a truck driver while coming up to pass.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21