BTR Viper ROLL BAR is NOW ready to ship!!!!!..............

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally after a few months of jigging, fitting, testing, installing, and installing some more, we are bringing to market our Roll Bar. This bar fits the 96 and newer GTS.

You will find the fit SUPURB!!, and the look is OEM(original equipment manufacturer).

They meet or exceed NHRA standards for full body cars with factory firewall and flooring, and are acceptable for elapsed times as low as 10.00 seconds.

I will have a Bar on display at the South East Mini VCA VOI next weekend at Gainesville Raceway and may be available for installations should the need arise.

The Bars all will come completely assembled and ready to bolt in (less paint due to shipping and handling) and we intend to hold our pre-production prices which are:

Complete bar with removeable sidebar, all mounting hardware and 2 sets of 3" five way restraint systems........$ 1,299.00

Complete bar as above without restraint systems $ 1,099.00

See pics of this bar on an earlier post on this forum.

Thanks again,

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a GTS only product? RT in the works and will/does it work with an OEM hardtop?

thanks

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this about comparable in terms of strength to the Autoform bar? I believe both use .120 wall steel, right? Thanks.
Chris

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOFOR,

We designed the bar per the NHRA 2001 rule book which states .118 wall thickness minimum(.120 wall is what we use as it is the choice of chassis builders)

I hope that no one ever rolls their viper but, I feel alot better about mine now that this bar is installed. The best part is how inconspicuous it is with the sidebar removed.

Take care,

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

BTW..........for those intrested, we are now offering the bars POWDER COATED for an additional charge of only $ 125.00

GO 4LO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like a great bar, Tom! I was wondering about another thing, though: you said on your site that it's good for cars running down to a 10.00 quarter. What if we can break into the 9's? What is required there in terms of rollbar? Are you planning on offering a kit like that? Thanks.
Chris

OP
OP
T

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,

At the point that one runs 9.99 or faster a whole new set of rules comes into play. A car must have the following in addition to items required for 11.99 and quicker;

Full Roll Cage.......Must have a minimum of 8 attaching points, 2 of which must protrude through the firewall and weld to the foward frame rails. This cage must pass an NHRA certification process every 3 years and it must wear a decal showing its effective dates in order to be legal for use.

A window net on the drivers side, this can be substituted for arm restraints.

The driver must pass a FAA Physical examination and obtain a NHRA competition drivers license(I hold 3 of them) both of which must be renewed every 24 months. The license is obtained after performing a series of 1/4 mile passes up to and including at least 2 full passes of 9 seconds or faster.

The driver must wear a full driving suit that meets SFI 16-1A specification(very hot in the summer!) and a neck collar when racing.

These are but a few of the items required for sub 10 second runs. Many vipers that run 10s do not meet the requirements for those times, most of which are overlooked by tech officials. I guarantee you though that when a 9 second run is made, the tech official will look for ALL required items. Some of which are:

Driveshaft and axle protection
Aftermarket axles
Longer wheel studs
Transmission and bellhousing protection
5 way restraint systems
and more

The only good news is that the viper being a "spectator" car is sometimes allowed to race without all of the above items. The NHRA has a 1% error factor that they can use for cars that run close to each regulatory break point. It really depends on the facility that you race at and how fast your car is.

For me, Im hoping for some 9's soon. I do not plan on butchering the car to add a full cage and the other items, as I do alot of racing on motor where as my car runs low 11's and is perfectly legal for those elapsed times.

Thanks again for your questions,

Tom

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang