Build thread for my accident repair.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome job!!! well done . that street looks so familiar. I am sure I work not far from there. If so I wouldn't mind checking it out.

OP
OP
K

kilr4d

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome job!!! well done . that street looks so familiar. I am sure I work not far from there. If so I wouldn't mind checking it out.

It's parked for the winter, but definitely remind me in the spring.

sssikvipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i live in mississauga, have a trkg company in milton, and my viper is with me in Fla.......:). Nice work on the car, you certainly did it right

ViperDC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome job! Thank you for saving such a rare and cool car. What collision shop do you use? Looks like they did a fantastic job. Also could you PM me a ballpark figure for rebuilding one like this?

Thanks!

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fascinating thread and pics. As somebody else said, I think it's awesome that you're fixing these Vipers right and getting them back on the road. :)

diamond head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent job on the ACR--exact color combo I'm looking for. Let me know if you are looking to sell, haha! Anyway, check out this same color combo with a salvage title on ebay. Would you mind taking a shot at what the repairs would cost? It is listed for 36,500, but I probably wouldn't go over 32k ish... Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Viper...edc886e35&item=201268424245&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
Here's more pictures.

http://www.x2builders.com/gallery.asp?page_id=item&id=792

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kilr4d, Awesome post thanks for sharing, you are very talented.:usa:

VPRBITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow. Just awesome work and great to see one of these saved from the junk heap. I agree that the cost of parts makes totalling these cars way too easy. The VOI coupe was nowhere near totaled. The ACR though, sorry but I am inclined to agree with that one. Frame damage is usually the end for most cars as it is really tough to fix appropriately and safely and on many cars just not worth the trouble. You did the repairs correctly though and obviously the car is now solid. I think the problem comes when people don't do the repair correctly on salvage cars. They make it look cosmetically good but allow th frame to be bent or suspension components to be out of whack and then dump it at auction to an unknowing person. Very much NOT THE CASE HERE!

Beautiful work and you were rewarded with an awesome car and a donor car with some parts that can go on to help someone else in need of a panel or a seat here or there. Just great work to see and thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
K

kilr4d

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i live in mississauga, have a trkg company in milton, and my viper is with me in Fla.......:). Nice work on the car, you certainly did it right
I buy/sell equipment...we should talk. Which trucking company?
Awesome job! Thank you for saving such a rare and cool car. What collision shop do you use? Looks like they did a fantastic job. Also could you PM me a ballpark figure for rebuilding one like this?

Thanks!
Would you mind taking a shot at what the repairs would cost?
I haven't added up the bills yet, but the ONLY way it will make sense is if I do well selling the rest of the parts from the donor car...I sold the engine for $10K so I'm definitely on the right track.

If anybody in the GTA wants an exact number shoot me a pm and I'll put you in touch with the shop that did the work.
Kilr4d, Awesome post thanks for sharing, you are very talented.:usa:
Your Viper turned out great and nice color combo.
Fascinating thread and pics. As somebody else said, I think it's awesome that you're fixing these Vipers right and getting them back on the road. :)
LOOKING GOOD :2tu:
Car looks fantastic, great job. Thanks for rescuing a Viper
Wow, simply wow, I think you've found your calling. Viper resurrection artist. Well done!

Thanks a ton guys...the car is a neck snapper for sure. :)

All I did though was get the rights parts in the same room with the right people. :)

Wow. Just awesome work and great to see one of these saved from the junk heap. I agree that the cost of parts makes totalling these cars way too easy. The VOI coupe was nowhere near totaled. The ACR though, sorry but I am inclined to agree with that one. Frame damage is usually the end for most cars as it is really tough to fix appropriately and safely and on many cars just not worth the trouble. You did the repairs correctly though and obviously the car is now solid. I think the problem comes when people don't do the repair correctly on salvage cars. They make it look cosmetically good but allow th frame to be bent or suspension components to be out of whack and then dump it at auction to an unknowing person. Very much NOT THE CASE HERE!

Beautiful work and you were rewarded with an awesome car and a donor car with some parts that can go on to help someone else in need of a panel or a seat here or there. Just great work to see and thanks for sharing!
Yes in both cases...the VOI was a tiny hit and the ACR was a big hit. As mentioned before, its the parts prices and not the work that makes for $$$ repairs.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So If you don't mind me asking, with all the work you have had to go through to get the car where it is now......Would you do it again?

How do you think you stand Dollar wise after purchasing TWO Vipers, have you managed to offset any parts outlay by selling off the parts you don't need yet?