buying 2009 ACR with repair needed... any insight?

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in discussions with someone to purchase a 2009 ACR with damage to the right front. Car starts and drives but has sustained damage shown below.

What do the parts that you can see below normally run to replace??? I might be able to save the hood.

Attachments

• salvageviper.jpg
    salvageviper.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 202
  • salvageviper2.jpg
    salvageviper2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 111
  • salvageviperr.jpg
    salvageviperr.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 176
  • salvageviper4.jpg
    salvageviper4.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 99
  • salvageviper6.jpg
    salvageviper6.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 124

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front splitter alone is about $15k from what I have read. If there is frame or subframe damage, that will be pricey too. You need to get a REAL repair estimate, IMO.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thats an EZ Fix ........ but there are only 2 areas where vendors are now allowed to quote prices: the "whatcha need" forum and the vendor forum. See ya there?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like the CF splitter is ok, if that's true then it's just fender, bumper, brackets and check the suspension/frame

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats an EZ Fix ........ but there are only 2 areas where vendors are now allowed to quote prices: the "whatcha need" forum and the vendor forum. See ya there?

hey Jon I posted this over at whatchaneed forum so you can comment prices over there, I tried to PM you but I couldn't get it to let me. Thanks

Bigsalgt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front splitter alone is about $15k from what I have read.
You can get a front splitter on the Roeracing website for $8,000 and I'm sure Jon B can get one for cheaper!

Call JonB at Partsrack. Hoods are in the $1500 range. I bought a brand new front bumper for $500.
What he said, Jon B has the parts bin to rebuild an ACR thirty times over, he will take care of you.

kilr4d

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lol. You're the fourth person I know that is intent on buying that car. I can't wait to see how much it goes for...I'm predicting that auction fever will set in and that car eclipses $65 - $70K. It's already over $35K in prebidding and I've never seen one get that high.

Edit: Original poster...I hope you're not in discussions with the person that has that car listed on fleabay, he doesn't own it.

whts-nxt?

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lol. You're the fourth person I know that is intent on buying that car. I can't wait to see how much it goes for...I'm predicting that auction fever will set in and that car eclipses $65 - $70K. It's already over $35K in prebidding and I've never seen one get that high.

Edit: Original poster...I hope you're not in discussions with the person that has that car listed on fleabay, he doesn't own it.

yeah what he said. that car is actually listed on copart.com thats the auction where it sells. the dude on ebay prolly thought it would sell cheaper and he would make 4 or 5k on it. You can pay a broker on copart[ just a dealer] that you can buy it thru them for a set amount instead.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I also will be bidding on it:) Been watching that one for awhile. I am sure it will go for more then it is worth.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The person who listed on Ebay, clearly states he doesnt own it. It clearly says you will have the option to bid up the market price, at get deposit refunded. I will also be bidding on this car. :). I agree, It will probably go for more than its worth. GREAT color combo though.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well the guy on eBay is getting reported (by me) to eBay, ridiculous that he is trying to auction off a car when he doesn't even know what he can buy it for. Total waste of time with him.

The question that no one can answer is, is the title salvage or not? I assume when it is issued to the buyer, the state of CA will mark the title as a salvaged vehicle. So far the carfax shows nothing and it is totally clear.

Also how can they say $50k worth of damage? Must be more damage than we can see. Without looking underneath the car there is no way to know. People actually pay thousands for a car without knowing the extent of damages at these auctions? Unreal. I guess they can run them back through if they bite off more than they can chew..!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the guy on eBay is getting reported (by me) to eBay, ridiculous that he is trying to auction off a car when he doesn't even know what he can buy it for. Total waste of time with him.

The question that no one can answer is, is the title salvage or not? I assume when it is issued to the buyer, the state of CA will mark the title as a salvaged vehicle. So far the carfax shows nothing and it is totally clear.

Also how can they say $50k worth of damage? Must be more damage than we can see. Without looking underneath the car there is no way to know. People actually pay thousands for a car without knowing the extent of damages at these auctions? Unreal. I guess they can run them back through if they bite off more than they can chew..!

Did you really think you were getting the car for $30k? The parts on it, are worth more than that..

Yes, of course it IS a salvage title. Nothing shows on carfax, YET... it will post at some point.

kilr4d

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You have to think like an insurance adjuster....if it is bent, broken, scratched, cracked or damaged then it must be replaced with new OEM parts. Having said that...everyone is dreaming in technicolor if they think there's a deal to be had here, this car plus the fact that the next vehicle on the auction block is a Ford GT will inspire wicked bidding.
Did you really think you were getting the car for $30k? The parts on it, are worth more than that..

Yes, of course it IS a salvage title. Nothing shows on carfax, YET... it will post at some point.
+1 for that. I've seen some clean, undamaged ACR's in the $80K range...I'm pretty sure that this car + repair costs will eclipse that. :rolaugh:

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yeah I know the parts are worth more than 30k. yeah I had hoped to get it cheap, it's an AUCTION and it's salvaged so you never know. What pissed me off is a dealer trying to sell something that don't have, and can't guarantee they can even get it for the bid price. It's not eBay legal and I doubt copart would be happy if they knew.

anywayz.. just a dream I guess but yea if someone could get that car for under 40 yeah it's a deal obviously. I will bid through a local dealer.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the reason this car will go for good money, is. Its an ACR... Someone will fix it up and track it.. Salvage title will not kill value as you'd think on this car.. And its a great color combo..

Those bumpers and fenders crack easy, so thats an easy fix. But Im certain there is some hidden damage there. However, when I saw that Ebay sale. $30k is insane. No one is letting that car go for $30k. LOL.. thats the problem with auctions. No one is "stealing" that car.. Wont happen

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JPA, I understand your disapointment but the guy on ebay's add is pretty clear, he's a broker, he doesn't own the car and he had negative feedback on the only car sale he's done on ebay. As for the damage, it was estimated at $50K with MSRP parts, like the side sill that goes for something like $6K. as Mark J said it's got frame damage too. Generally they total cars like this with damages of 60% or more of book value. If it was a 20K estimate that you could do for 5K in found parts it wouldn't have been totalled, it would have been fixed. If your interested in a salvage ACR take a look at the SSG in NY, the frame work maybe less complciated (costly) than the black ********. Good luck, Mike

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JPA, I understand your disapointment but the guy on ebay's add is pretty clear, he's a broker, he doesn't own the car and he had negative feedback on the only car sale he's done on ebay. As for the damage, it was estimated at $50K with MSRP parts, like the side sill that goes for something like $6K. as Mark J said it's got frame damage too. Generally they total cars like this with damages of 60% or more of book value. If it was a 20K estimate that you could do for 5K in found parts it wouldn't have been totalled, it would have been fixed. If your interested in a salvage ACR take a look at the SSG in NY, the frame work maybe less complciated (costly) than the black ********. Good luck, Mike

I agree.. The ad is pretty clear. But I can see how he will get a lot of negative feedback doing it that way. You get prospective buyers all hot and heavy, thinking they got an ACR for $30k. Then tell them, the price is now $60k (or whatever it ends up at). Take it, or take your deposit back. Clearly you'll have some unhappy campers.

kilr4d

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sold for $50K and to a buyer in Great Britain...

I somewhat question the logic here...we all know that you can find an undamaged ACR for $80K (or less).

So...$50K, + shipping to the east coast, + parts, + duty/tariffs/import fees on the parts, + additional packing & shipping costs for the parts....I'm not sure he didn't leave some omney on the table there.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup. I expected it to go, for 50-low 50's.. I would have paid 40k for the car. But apparently so would a few others, have paid that amount.. LOL.

Did you bid? kilr or Jpa ?

kilr4d

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yup. I expected it to go, for 50-low 50's.. I would have paid 40k for the car. But apparently so would a few others, have paid that amount.. LOL.

Did you bid? kilr or Jpa ?

Yeah, see my edit. Unless you already were in possession of a Viper that's taken a rear end hit, it didn't make sense to buy that car for that price. Hell...isn't somebody here selling a mint ACR with $5K+ in mods for low 80's asking price?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah the brit blew me away haha

it only moved 3 grand.. It was at 47k pre auction bidding. you were pre-bid?

The ONLY way that car made sense at $50k. Is if, ALL it needs is what you see. (i.e., fender, fender well, rad. support,tower,bumper,hood repaired.) But if there is more than meets the eye (which Im 99% sure there is). NO WAY this car made sense at 50 grand.. Its still a salvage title piece. Even once its repaired. The value will only ever be 70-75% of what other clear title ACRs are going for.. If this car be repaired for 10-15k. Its not a bad deal..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang