California Update

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, we've been patient and are very happy that other states are having Vipers delivered.

Now let's get some information about the state with the largest Viper population, the largest VCA chapter, owners that registered within seconds of the website opening and customers who sent in certificates\orders the day they were received.

How about a California update please?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not what you want to hear, but so far I do not have any California cars that have moved status wise. I will do my best to post the minute I see any change at all.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that cars are all state legal at this time - so the Cali folks should have cars soon. Figure it out like this - the Viper sales and delivery process is unlike all other Dodge products. MANY Viper owners buy or even ORDER from out of state dealers. D-C has no idea where a car will ship after it hits the dealer (even though it says "Built for" there is not an address), so it has to make sure ALL cars are 50 state legal or else it would be a nightmare.

Speculation - but logical speculation....

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni - I don't think that is true. I ordered an SRT-10 from Nebraska and I still don't have a VIN# yet for a car that will come to California.

OP
OP
G

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Jerry.
I also ordered from Billy P in NB and plan on taking delivery in New Mexico and I don't have a VIN either.
I think Pemberton has not submitted our orders because we made too good a deal and he's afraid of what ***** will say when he finds out. Good thing the mail takes so long to get to his tropical island he bought with our deposits.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, I told you to MOVE! Now you guys get to wait just like we have to wait to drive them. Maybe Santa is made at you?I am going in search of Santa (heading do North)on the only Viper that matters in the snow, my sled! If I find him I will ask on your behalf.See ya!

Oh, I forgot: "will you quit your WHINING"!LOL

OP
OP
G

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen Nanook Ferguson, asking for a little information is a far cry (no pun intended) from whining. As far as your jealousy about us being able to drive Vipers (and other vehicles without tracks) for 12 months per year, get over it. Bundle up like the Michelin man and go play on your snowmobile
cool.gif

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill P. are you in Nebraska or a tropical island? I want proof you are still in Nebraska. Maybe a photo standing outside of your dealership holding a dated newspaper so I can read the date and the headlines!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that is the WHINER I know! Happy holidays, I guess I will enjoy the Viper more than you will, na na na na na! See ya bud! Fat mans out of hear for a while. Hope Santas good to all.

Dead President

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where the hell is Michigan, Kentucky and Georgia anyway? Are they part of East Texas? Those '03 cars are going straight into the garage for the winter. By spring the California cars will have 3K miles on 'em, way before those who live East of I-5 ever get their cars broken in.

These early deliveries are just a charitible move by D-C for those poor unfortunate souls who live in unsavory climates.

New challenge: First to post a photo of a sunny day by the ocean with a swimsuit clad CUTE girl (corn fed wives do not count) on the '03 hood wins!

Frank Creede

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CAAP is shut down for +/- 2 weeks - no news till after that at least...

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what D status is and also D1 status? thanks, Fred

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi Brad,
I doubt this is the case even with the "Special Blend 91" CA is stuck with.

When we were at the proving grounds in AZ last year they showed us their fuel facility that is able to mix blends found world wide to be sure the cars do't have issues. They heat soak them and run lots of tests early in the test driving of vehicles. We are stuck with 91 ****/eth in AZ too.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad Manhattan Beach:
I understand that the delays for CA are because the SRT-10 needs 93 octane to run. Of course CA has crappy 91 octane with tons of methanol. Can anyone confirm this?
Brad
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
G

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really great to hear about all the Vipers being delivered in BFE under 6' of snow!
I'm ready for a cruise down Pacific Coast Highway in Surf City USA in mine so people can SEE the Viper in the real world.
How about a CA update??

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, I think yours is delayed because I sent DC a picture of YOU and I would bet having YOU drive one around is what has put the fear of god in them!

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any others on their way to CA?
I don't know of any other VINs being issued for CA destinations
yet?

I know mine DOESN'T have a VIN assinged yet!

2Charmed

Congrats again Jerry, You deserve that Black buety!

OP
OP
G

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blair, Nebraska...Snow;
Kansas...Snow;
Illinois...Snow;
Carolinas...Snow;
Colorado...Snow;

Huntington Beach, California....Sunny...80 Degrees!

Where are the California Vipers???

Jerry...you know yours doesn't count!!

Tony Estes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Andy,
I had you use all the favors I had in Detroit and some of Steve's to make sure your Viper will be the last car to sent to California (I warned you about trying to date my daughter
smile.gif
).Terri says to give her a call.

OP
OP
G

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony
Knowing I have good friends like you and Steve make life worth living! Your lovely daughter is way too smart and has much better taste than to even consider dating a guy like me!! The thought of calling you Dad and carving your Christmas goose has a certain appeal, however.
Now when Teri decides to leave you I only hope she remembers that I have a crush on her!
Enough personal matters though...after reading how Frank Parise is amazed about the new SRT, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.
Ship some cars to CALIFORNIA!
Jerry...yours still doesn't count!!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way... The car states 91 octane, not 93 as mentioned in a prior post.

GTSViper... does too, does too!

OP
OP
G

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sir Fang??? You poseur...what did you do with Venom2K??
We want Jerry back, not this guy who has the first Viper in CA and not the first CA Viper.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSViper

I bought out Venom 2K. He was begining to bother me. I took his house, cars and wife and kids.

"Sir Fang" is my new California license plate. I thought it would be a good time to make the switch. New Avatar to follow.

"1st N CAL" was my second choice, but it didn't have enough bite!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960