Cheap Skipshift update

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a little more driving the darn check engine light came on. I had to go to the dealer to get the darn thing out. It must not be making as good of contact as I thought. Darn.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
had woodchuck put one on prior to delivery
no check engine light or problems in the first 4500 miles.
I have the one snakeoly sells.

how do you like the new "creampuff"?
I LOVE mine!!!

best wishes
JIM
patriotx.gif

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SEASNAKE:
After a little more driving the darn check engine light came on. It must not be making as good of contact as I thought. Darn. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, its them dang smoke particles that leaked out!!

Want me to send you a skip-shift bridger at 39X what you paid? No smoke particles leak out......

Reaction score
We offer the real deal plug-n-play "Skip Shift Eliminator" for only $33.95. They install in just a few seconds once you get the tranny plate off! At that price, it doesn't really pay to go through the hassles of resistors, wiring, etc.
Email or call me directly for more info. I have plenty in stock!

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the fuss on the skip shift? Did it change with late models? I just pulled the plug on my 96. No problems

OP
OP
S

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting in 2000 they made the engine light come on if the skip shift cable was disconnected. It stays on until a dealer clears it or you reach so many restarts without it being a problem.

TorQ Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine from MidAmerica Designs for around $25. It is the same as above. I was able to put it on with jack stands and without removing the under tray.
Ebay seems to have a few listed lately.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Summit racing, the unit is listed for a TransAM. It was under $30. It took ten minutes to install with the left front jacked up

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4