Clear Bra or Venture Guard on side sills?

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having Venture Guard installed on my '09 on Friday and was wanting to protect my side sills. Does anyone have experience with this? If so, how long have you had it and has it held up to the heat. Notice any bubbles or yellowing? Thanks in advance.

Terry

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not sure of the brand but i know citysnake had it installed on his 08. it still looks perfect in my opinion

Earl

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just had venture shield applied a month ago. Make sure that the person applying it has plenty of experience. My application went well although I had to go back and have a couple of places touched up. Overall, I would do it again and highly recommend having it applied before you get any paint chips. If you apply it after you get the chips, it magnifies the appearance of the chips and any touch up paint that was applied. Hope this helps.

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the 3M installed on my side sills (required removing and installing new logos on the sides) 2 yrs ago. Covered the entire sill. The 3M is waxable due to a clearcoat coating, so it's not the smoothest finish as some of the other brands (a compromise). No bubbles or yellowing either. And I've put about 20k miles since installation on mine. I do have a Corsa exhaust and RT high flow cats, so the heat isn't as intense there either. My installer warranties it for 5 yrs from installation against yellowing and peeling. Very satisfied overall.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
36,000 miles on ventureshield. coulple of track events. The slightest of yellowing on a sliver car

i should say he yellowing id on the sills only. the rest of the car is perfect!

Last edited:

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am an installer and an owner. On my 04 I had the sode sills done and it did very well. There were no issues with heat at all. With your 09 it will relaly not be an issue. I can tell you though that if you dont put film on there your side sills will be chipped up badly VERY QUICKLY. The rocker panels take a beating so it is a very good idea to get those covered.

WHOSNEXT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having Venture Guard installed on my '09 on Friday and was wanting to protect my side sills. Does anyone have experience with this? If so, how long have you had it and has it held up to the heat. Notice any bubbles or yellowing? Thanks in advance.

Terry
If you don’t mind me asking what are they charging you put the clear bra on?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad