Cockpit cover waterproof?

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not go with the cockpit cover. No way! I have one and it has been on my shelf in my garage ever since I saw the ..... I don't know what it is called, but it is a very simple fabric/nylon cover that goes over the whole top...window to window, front to back. The cockpit cover looks great, but it could be a real pain in the *** to put on and off, unzip, fold away when driving, latch onto the seatbelts, fit in between the window & weatherstriping...and so on. And the thing is, if it rains a little or even a drizzle, your interior can still get wet. I was up at Tator Dodge and saw a cover that I think the guys call a Viper Diaper, that very quickly and easily covers from windsheild wiper to trunk from side window to side window and over the side view mirrors, and it can even handle a downpour. It folds up into a very small pouch, where as the cockpit cover takes up alot of room.
Cost is about $100.
Andrew

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J. Cockpit cover is the best $100 you'll spend. (Think PartsRack charged me even less.) Here in Florida it's a must have. Instructions indiate that it's not guaranteed to hold out the water but it does an A+ job as far as I'm concerned. Had it at work on Friday and it held out a 2 1/2 hour rainstorm. Material may in fact be gortex. Trick in summertime Florida ofcourse is getting it on BEFORE it pours. Email me for details.

Mon AM here and it is absolutely pouring. Must admit, went with the hard top today. (only because it's never stopped raining)

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
j-Cockpit Cover[Viper Diaper] is waterproof part #82202276 MSRP $97. It goes on vary easily! I use one on my 94! Andrew the tonneau cover is a pain in the *** and you will get wet installing it!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
Andrew - I think you might be mixing up the cockpit cover with the tonneau cover......The cockpit cover looks like it's made out of the same stuff as the full cover, but it only covers up the windshield back to the sport bar..............Does anybody have any additional info (pix, prices, site for ordering) on this Viper Diaper thing? (What a hideous name, BTW.)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PartsRack calls it the "Viper Bikini" ... much better name than a diaper! Yes, WATERPROOF! Bonus: Won't heat up the interior, since it reflects the heat. It also therefore protects the leather and interior. So we should charge MORE, but..........I would be grateful for your $89 order at [email protected]. I'll even tell you how to install it in 2-minutes or less.

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the cockpit cover/Viper diaper/Viper bikini you are referring to?
If it is then YES is keeps water out (also dust, leaves, etc.)
YES it takes seconds to install and YES I paid more for it than Chuck and Jon B sell it for. **** , I hate it when that happens!!!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NOW JUST HOLD ON A MINUTE! After seeing the last post by Viper99, you mean to tell me that all this time I have owned a car and have associated with YANKEE FANS???????

I thought the Viper Club was also an exclusive MET FAN club. Oh no....now what do I do....

GO METS!!!!!!!

Andrew

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget Vette owners, they are more confused than anyone ever since Vipers hit the road. I have a friend with a '99 Vette and he thinks he can be a fan of both teams at the same time. Nope, I say a poll is due....new post time......

Andrew

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J.
It seems this post has disintegrated into baseball trivia (OH, the Mariners (Seattle) are STILL HOT !!).
Back to your original inquire, the cover (Call it what you want), shown by Viper99 IS what you want. I ordered mine from JonB (PartsRack) and had it in a couple days, and yes $89.
This is convienient and fast to put on, and does more than keep out rain; dust, bird drops, hands, windshield sun screen, etc.
You will like it.