Cold air intake advice needed !!!

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been running the Green filters on the White for a little while, Just recieved the K&N cold air system, and compairing the two the Green filter has a larger opening ( fits onto the stock tubes) and seems to have less density to the weve than the K&N's. The K&N tubes are smoother but smaller( approximately 33% smaller). Any wisdom out there. seems to me that less air equals less horsepower. Thats what Grandpa always told me.
Any dyno comparisons.. Trying to figure out what to install/re-install.. Thanks Guys (ladies too) :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Paxton so cannot give much advise over the greens versus K&N. Your theroy sounds good about less air equals less HP. I would try the K&N's and see if you feel a difference in performance.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks P team, good information, seems the K&N system produces more HP than just the Green filters. There is a new thread on the subject.. A tale of two filters -- he is going to dyno test both ... I'm waiting for the results :drive:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have Green Filters available that will replace the filters that come in your K & N Filterer kit. These filters are NOT the same as the Green Filters that replace the OEM filters on an OEM air box.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
C

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the Greens for the K&N filtered on the ends ????

And Pteam, thanks for posting the 2004 thread " A tale of two filters" It seems to answer the main question, as well as other.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the Greens for the K&N filtered on the ends ????

No they are not open on the ends. The ends are made of metal and polished to a chrome look. A local speed shop, B & B Performance, has a machine that measures the flow rates of different air filters. They have a paper Fram filter, a K & N filter, and a Green Filter. The Green Filter pulled the most air.