Comp Coupe @ Buttonwillow

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Dearing and myself rented the Comp Coupe for the weekend. Man what a car. For anyone who is sitting on the fence and can't decide to buy or not to buy, this is your chance. This car is so fast and nimble, one run around any track and you'll regret that your deposit is not in already.
In one session JD ran a 2:00 flat while I ran a 2:02 in this fantastic car and we were only 5-7 seconds off the race group. Our times should be posted soon in the V-Days results for Buttonwillow if not already.

Tom and Harry fom Arrive and Drive have a full crew to service the car before and after every session. I felt like a king who flew in, to jump in a fantastic race machine--run a session, park it and then hang at he track until my next session, jump into the car and run again.
I would like to think that my times were because of my great driving ability, but to be honest it was the car that had me 7 seconds faster than me in my car. I only had one full session and then unfortunely the engine went south. We were assured it was not driver error (engine was brand new on Friday morning).
Dodge was also there to support Tom, Harry and the car. They were very open about the car and answered all of our questions. I felt comfortable with their answers because they even showed us changes that were made throughout the design process to better the car. I'm sure as the process goes on the car will still be refined as more are produced.

Some of my observations (I am a midlevel-to fast Driver--not the fastest nor the slowest guy on the track just average)
( car had a brand new engine and trans):
Steering input is immediate--car turns--very twitchy-could be easy to loose control as a new driver.
Car must remain settled--not like Gen 2 cars-you can't just throw this car into a turn hopping over burms and expect to recover.
Brakes are fantastic-1st turn I had to give gas to get to the turn cause I stopped so short.
Power is awesum--rocketship acceleration.
With a full roll cage, it seems like you could not see out of the car-but its fine.
Digital dash--After 2 laps you know everything, and is in plain sight and big enough to see.
Racetech seat is a little tight for me but, I'm a little bigger than average.

I'm sure all of the Viper Racing League drivers could jump into this car and turn a lot faster times than I could. But my point is that future Drivers in VRL with this car will be fast without a year of seat time. This car raised the bar for performance to the next level.
Even if you do not plan on buying a comp coupe--rent one for the thrill of a life time. Yeah, its expensive--At first..Take all things into consideration and it really is not too bad. Where else can you rent a full out race car with that performance? Let me know, would ya.

At the Willows spring event Eric Peterson (PVO Engineer) spent 2 hours with me showing me Russ Osasis's car and a through tour of the car was fantastic. I'm sold

Thunderhill is the next event, car should be ready and there and available.

Anyone has any questions E-mail me, I'll be glad to answer them. [email protected]

Thanks Tom and Harry and to Dodge.

Joe B

RockyTop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can go to the Panoz race school for 3 days and drive their cars (no, they are nowhere near the CC) for appx. $2,750.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way that is a very good price for the type of car the Copm Coup is. What is the Damage waiver/insurance amount if available?

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was the CC that was rented the same one PVO had as a mule car? It looked like it had the same paint scheme.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte