Comp Coupes At Road Atlanta!!!!!

beretta1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are the two Coupes participating in the Speed World Challenge Event.

[image]http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/Pro%20Racing/Chevy%20GP%2003/GT/pages/DSC_3556.htm[/image]

[image]http://www.motorsportsimaging.com/Pro%20Racing/Chevy%20GP%2003/GT/pages/DSC_3567.htm[/image]

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched that race on Saturday. They did not even talk about the CC. Or show a picture of one. when will they get noticed??

Just got my answer.. Road America. I guess McCanns Woodhouse,Praise,PMUM are all going to entering the World Challenge Series in 2 weeks!!! I think it great there are getting some notice now!! More importantly will the cars hold up?? Will Dodge be out supporting these guys?

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched that race on Saturday. They did not even talk about the CC. Or show a picture of one. when will they get noticed??

Just got my answer.. Road America. I guess McCanns Woodhouse,Praise,PMUM are all going to entering the World Challenge Series in 2 weeks!!! I think it great there are getting some notice now!! More importantly will the cars hold up?? Will Dodge be out supporting these guys?

OH baby. Let the spanking begin. Can't wait to see all the extra restrictions levied after this event on the Comp Coupe!!

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Comp Coupes At Road America

Well, Adel and Dave took the first steps in introducing the Comp Coupe to the World Challenge Series. There will be at least 5 additional Comp Coupes racing in the World Challenge race at Road America next weekend.
With the likes of Michael and Jimmy McCann, Bob Woodhouse, and Paul Mumford, I think we have a shot at the podium, and I don't think the SCCA would mind that result one bit.

So far this year, it has been BMW, Corvette, Audi, and Porsche administering the beatings. The Comp Coupe has not been penalized in any way. It is simply too heavy and/or underpowered in its factory-stock form. It runs on the largest tires allowed in the series, which are 275 front and 335 rear. The minimum weight with fuel and driver is 3,200 pounds. This doesn't require much, if any, ballast.

I spoke to Muzzy and Robert Dopp, both of whom competed in the Sears Point event last weekend with their 96 GTS's. They finished 17th and 21st. Curiously, they were allowed to run 335 tires up front. Muzzy predicted we would get "slautered" at Road America. Sears Point is not a horsepower track like Road America. I hope he is wrong. I think it is realistic to have all 6 CC's place in the top 15 out of a field of 30.

The rules allow CC's to have, among other things, racing flywheel and clutch, bigger brake calipers and much lighter weight rotors, headers, and balanced and blueprinted motors. I don't believe Adel or Dave or anybody has gone to this extent in preparing their CC's, at least not for this race.

It will be very interesting to see what Bobby Archer can do at one of these events in his new toy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang