Contribution levels

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you please help me understand what the levels mean and get you ? I have been on the site for a long time, there was a long break between years posting as I had to sell the cars, but have a Viper again. Please let me know what each level gets me and if there is merchandised that you can buy that supports the club as well. I honestly never knew about the contributions on the site and joining the club, etc.

Thanks!

John

BlackWidow

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don’t have access to the member roles, I see you have a member ID on the forum, if active leadership should update you to which ever membership level is active and you should have access to the VCA Member areas of the forum, if you have a Viper, the addition of the VIN should get you bumped up to Viper Owner but not the member area. The club additions need to be explained by @MoparMap. And of course anything I may not know

OP
OP
S

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I do own a Viper - I see there is a 10 Doller contribution level, a 50 and I think a $75. Wondering what that entitles you to etc. Like, do I get a free Viper Jacket with the $75 membership. :)

John

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sorry, just saw this message today. Generally speaking membership entitles you to a badge and a yearly goody bag. Venom members get an extra or unique item. For instance, one year we did special coins and venom members got numbered coins while regular members got plain ones. We've also started trying to make yearly Christmas ornaments and the first year we gave them to venom members for free.

As for merchandise and stuff, that should all be here now: https://viperclubamerica.org/shop/. It's a bit limited at the moment as we just don't sell enough to carry stock of everything, but we do get some neat memorabilia from time to time as old members sometimes donate to the club. We did a limited run of jackets earlier this year and might be doing some more later. For that we sent an email out all paid members with a link to a third party store where we had set up a design. You got something like a month to place orders before it closed and the batch were all processed and sent out. We found this to be the best way to still offer fun items from time to time without having to make large order quantities and have stock sitting around waiting to get sold.

OP
OP
S

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, thank you. And I am assuming that the money goes towards keeping this site up and running. Thank you for your answer Much appreciated.

John

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The forums themselves are actually handled by a third party and I believe are self sufficient from advertising, though I might be wrong on that front. A few years ago when the club was getting all of its finances in order we made the decision to do that as we wanted to make sure that this site kept running, as odd as that may sound. There was just too much good info here to risk losing it, so we wanted to hand it over to a more stable entity at the time.

Club dues pretty much just go towards the general expenses of the club, which include the membership packets and insurance primarily. We hope to one day get back to doing larger events, but the goal would be for those to be self sufficient as much as possible. I don't personally think it's fair for one person's membership dues to pay for another person's event stuff, but you often need downpayments to reserve venues and stuff like that, which dues money could potentially cover until it gets paid back by attendees of an event.

OP
OP
S

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok cool - I'll join today. I've 8 cars. I LOVE them all, but the Viper is very close to my favorite vehicle to own and drive. It just checks all the boxes for me. My 2002 GMMG CETA Trans AM is right up there with it. I currently have a 2005 Copperhead that I would like to know more about (although my Viper tech says, "you really don't".) It needs a freshen up from a Paint standpoint for me. Mechanically, I had it gone through and I have had two Viper Techs tell me it runs strong. I'll post more. One of my favorite memories of this group was I sold my second Viper, had to drive my Prowler over to Columbus, OH Mopar Races. The VCA welcomed me and my son with open arms and were so very gracious, even though we did not have a viper at the time. Wonderful memories of a great food spread and a suite to watch the Mopar's run.

John

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely some Vipers running around Dayton...just don't see them out much.

Hope to see yours around!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten