Could I have found the car?????

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I like many of you have been a long term viper fan. I have done quite a bit of research to help make an educated decision. In my mind the blue and white gts is what first comes to mind when I hear the word viper. After looking at several of them I finally came upon a 96' GTS with 5k miles. The owner never did the recalls and the tires are still the original ones. After about 4 weeks of wearing him down he finally accepted 48,500.00. The car is extremely clean inside and out. Should I do it or should I wait? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very good price. There is one mentioned here last week that is VERY nice with 15,000 mi and he's looking for $55k. I have 6500 mi and I would not take $48.5k for mine. It is imperative that you get one of the boys here on this board to look your car over. You probably should have no problem finding someone to look at it. A carfax would not hurt either but if it comes back clean, that is still no guarantee. Good luck, seems like you have found THE car.

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What they said ^^^^^^

I didn't do that (didn't know :( ) and found out the hard way.

Put 70 miles on mine before she died...

427Aggie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Syclone,

If this is the car that you and I talked about and you are happy with the items that I saw then I say go for it. I would have the car checked out. I ended up buying a 96 with 13K on it without one minor scratch for $47K...I am happy with the car and have about 400 miles on it so far...enjoying the hell out of it...I missed the sports cars with tops :)

I would have the car checked...take it to Archer in Ft. Worth and pay the small amount of money to have it checked.

Matt

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I like many of you have been a long term viper fan. I have done quite a bit of research to help make an educated decision. In my mind the blue and white gts is what first comes to mind when I hear the word viper. After looking at several of them I finally came upon a 96' GTS with 5k miles. The owner never did the recalls and the tires are still the original ones. After about 4 weeks of wearing him down he finally accepted 48,500.00. The car is extremely clean inside and out. Should I do it or should I wait? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you don't buy it pass along the info to me. :D

OP
OP
S

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate the help guys. 427 Aggie, this is the same car. I am going to take one more good look at it before deciding. I also want to know if taking care of the recalls is a very big deal or not. How much does it cost and so forth?

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the car located - Dallas? If so, there are a number of places to take the car!

Don't sweat the recalls. Just make sure that a qualified dealer does it and I can help recommend if the car is local to me. Should not cost anything, as it's a recall. Hope this helps!

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 5300 miles on mine and I would not sell for $48,500. If the condition is right you should go for it. I doubt there are any chaper 5k mile 96's.

427Aggie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Syclone knows what I saw on the car but maybe the owner has washed it since then. The underside was good no scratches on the fascia. There was one paint nic on the rear spoiler and a couple of scratches in places. The trim around the shifter was all popped up and wouldn't stay down and I really couldn't tell if the drivers door panel was sticking out or not. Also on the panel under the back side of the hood was a paint run that was noticable and that really bothered me but might not others.

Matt

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The underside was good no scratches on the fascia.
My question is how do you drive 5000 mi and not get any scratches on the fascia? NO underneath fascia scratches, how is that possible on a used 5k mi car, unless it's 5k mi on the track?

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now here is a 5000 mile facia underside

FLX109
416804300005-med.JPG

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"After about 4 weeks of wearing him down he finally accepted 48,500.00."

I believe a clean inspection report means you have bought a car. Congrats!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is it possible to not have facia scratches? Easy, you have to be careful. Don't park your car by running over the concrete stop. Never exit a steep driveway strait on. You must enter and exit at least 45 degrees off the horizontal driveway line. I'm not trying to be a smarta**, just a pet peeve of mine. Guys will put ten coats of wax on their car and then barrel out of the driveway and ram the nose into the ground. I don't get it.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys will put ten coats of wax on their car and then barrel out of the driveway and ram the nose into the ground. I don't get it.

LMAO so true!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302