Could this be real?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, that is a crazy price. Could be a scam (stolen ebay account) but if i had the cash i'd sure bid.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone think this price is legit??

No, it is a common scam. The scammers always want you to contact them through email, independent of eBay. They usually are using a free email service like yahoo or hotmail.

Offer to send him a cashier's check for $62,500 and tell him you'll pay him $3,000 above his Buy it now price if he will just send you back the difference.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For one thing, the seller "camaroman97" lists his location as St Charles, IL in other auctions and no location is listed for this auction. The photos look "deserty" leading me to believe the car was photographed in Arizona or Nevada. The whole thing seems a little fishy to me, especially considering the incredibly low Buy It Now price for the car.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
At Mopar Man-

"I say, Holmes!" :)

-my dear Watson

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill B: "If you email him he will give you the BIN price. And if it isn't a scam I bet the price is closer to 80 than 50."

The buy it now price is on there, $52,500. I'm still a bit puzzled by the low price...

ViperJohn: "It's a scam."

Maybe. Probably. But how can you be sure? The last two items this guy sold were a subwoofer and an exhaust manifold. You be the judge. :p

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
took a ride to see it .the car is real (STEEL).he says because of all the wonderful people in the eastern region (you know who you are).is why the price is so low .he said bring him 10 k $$$$cash only. he will bring the car right to your front door .he also has a bridges for sale in a number of city's told me you pick the bridge he would give me a sale price under retail.. what a guy. THIS IS A CASH ONLY Sale also has group buys only for the east coast dudes

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For one thing, the seller "camaroman97" lists his location as St Charles, IL in other auctions and no location is listed for this auction. The photos look "deserty" leading me to believe the car was photographed in Arizona or Nevada. The whole thing seems a little fishy to me, especially considering the incredibly low Buy It Now price for the car.

I agree, that looks like Phoenix to me!

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pictures have both a Desert + Mountains.

Two things that Illinois does NOT have.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here.

Someone will eventually hit the BIN therby closing the auction and jamming him up

i asked the owner where the car was located and whether or not i could see it.

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks to be around north Phoenix, looking east (Deer Valley Airport area) or still looking east from Scottsdale Airport area. looks like the McDowell mountains.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is his reply to me:

Hello there and thanks for your interest

As you've probably already seen on my auction
the price I'm looking for my 2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 is $52,500.00.
The car is in perfect condition, there's not even a
scratch on it. Everything from the motor to the tiers
and mirrors is shining and looking brand new.
I have a clear title for it , no liens or loans.
I will only deal through eBay for our own protection so they act as a neutral third party.
They will hold and insure your money until receipt of the car in good conditon.
You will be gived a 15 days inspection period before releasing the payment.
If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through Ebay.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards
Michael

Received: from rrr4-v1.mail.mud.yahoo.com ([216.252.100.77])
by alnrmxc12.comcast.net (alnrmxc12) with SMTP
id <20061016175939a1200po0rge>; Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:59:39 +0000
X-Originating-IP: [216.252.100.77]
Received: (qmail 60050 invoked from network); 16 Oct 2006 17:59:39 -0000
Received: from web90304.mail.mud.yahoo.com (216.252.100.141)
by rrr4-v1.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; 16 Oct 2006 17:59:39 -0000
Received: (qmail 27567 invoked by uid 60001); 16 Oct 2006 17:59:39 -0000
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;
b=fQHbCmthzo/C1FjUrKuve5/eBrd9n3heu5Mq3xDOPbuU/chyiEgoVK3NXHKfk4oKigRwFaUDmWNC7InwPH7jL7WeYtaYdoBIf/y/vR0vyjYaAMnj5LcYkkKZVYFczK/TIH23MjL7Fwn/n1bhO59KHPwkGqqEmSODZfrywxLi7OA= ;
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Received: from [172.167.241.27] by web90304.mail.mud.yahoo.com via HTTP; Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:59:39 PDT
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:59:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: General question about this vehicle - 2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe
To: Joe <>
In-Reply-To: <000501c6f127$01a384f0$0c00a8c0@D321MZ91>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-989412882-1161021579=:26456"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

--0-989412882-1161021579=:26456
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already bought the Cayman and the Viper.

I will be selling them for $15k each, as I need to get out of them.

If you are a buyer, please send the money to me without any questions, and I will proceed with the transaction.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you are a buyer, please send the money to me without any questions, and I will proceed with the transaction.

Hi my name is Abra Kadabra I want to buy your porsche and Viper, I will even send you a check for 10k over what you are asking, in return you send 5K back to me and you keep 5K for your troubles. best regards abra kadabra :D :D

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dude's name is "Michael Richards"?!? What's the deal did he already use up "Jerry Seinfeld", "Jason Alexander" and "Julia Louis-Dreyfuss"?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i asked the owner where the car was located and whether or not i could see it.

anxious to see what he says.

his answer and of course NEVER says where the car is for inspection:

Hello there and thanks for your interest

As you've probably already seen on my auction
the price I'm looking for my 2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 is $52,500.00.
The car is in perfect condition, there's not even a
scratch on it. Everything from the motor to the tiers
and mirrors is shining and looking brand new.
I have a clear title for it , no liens or loans.
I will only deal through eBay for our own protection so they act as a neutral third party.
They will hold and insure your money until receipt of the car in good conditon.
You will be gived a 15 days inspection period before releasing the payment.
If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through Ebay.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards
Michael

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi my name is Abra Kadabra I want to buy your porsche and Viper, I will even send you a check for 10k over what you are asking, in return you send 5K back to me and you keep 5K for your troubles. best regards abra kadabra :D :D

Sold! Deal in the works! :D

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
(Warning: Long Post)
I don't understand how they do they but it as obvious as hell that this is a scam. I need some Colts-Miami tix on the 50 and some guy is selling four front row tix that are worth $400 (minimum)-$500 each for a total of $500 (Worth $1500 on a bad day). Here is his schtick:
Hi,

The total price for 4 Indianapolis Colts Tickets is $500. All the seats are together in SEC 114 Row 1(50 yard line).
I have 4 tickets for each home game same price/section/row.
Please let me know which game are you interested.
I sell them for my boss. He is from USA. Right now we are located in LONDON, UK
with some business problems and my boss will not arrive in time that's why I'm selling
the tickets for him. He bought them trough his company so don't worry the tickets are
genuine. Beside this we will use a safe scheme.
We will use Square Trade to handle this. They will act like a 3rd party in this deal like
Escrow.
We will use Western Union as a method of payment and Fed Ex as a shipping method.
Here are in few words the deal steps:
Buyer and seller agree on the transaction terms and a selling price. Seller contacts eBay's
Square Trade Center with the transaction details; eBay's Square Trade Center accepts the
transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no
further action is required from either the buyer or the seller);
The buyer deposit the payment at a Western Union office.
After the payment is deposited, the eBay's Square Trade Center will released the notification that the transfer details are received. After buyer receives the merchandise has five days to inspect it.
If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise.
If he refuses the merchandise, the buyer must ship the merchandise back to the seller within three business days. After the inspection period is over, the buyer must contact eBay's Square Trade Center with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the merchandise, the money from Western Union is retired after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified.
If you decide to keep the merchandise you will provide the transfer details to the seller in order to pick his money.
Attention: Sending the payment by any other method will void this transaction and your right to refund.
The payment details are confidential and will not be released under any circumstances.
Square Trade security measures are constantly reviewed and modified given involving circumstances globally, drawing on both internal assessments and the support of government agencies.
Their constant priority is for the safety of their people, their customers, and public. Square Trade always tries to fulfill its customers' need.
If you agree with my terms please drop me your full name and address so we can start the deal.
ATTENTION: IN CONCLUSION THE MONEY STAY AT WU UNTIL THE BUYER RECEIVE THE TICKETS ARE IT IS SATISFIED ABOUT THEM.
Shipping will be done trough Fed Ex overnight delivery. It will take about 24 hours to reach your location.

IF YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THEM EMAIL ME BACK WITH:

YOUR FULL NAME:.......
YOUR ADRESS:...
CITY:...
STATE:...
ZIP CODE:....
EMAIL ADDRESS:....
I WILL NEED THESE DETAILS FOR SQUARE TRADE SO THEY CAN CONTACT YOU

THANK YOU

These tix end up selling and then they end up on ebay again the following day with a $500 buy it now (only thru email, not thru ebay) with a different ebay id and here is his schtick:
The buy it now price is 500$ includding shipping cost.
If you are ready for this purchase please go to www.westernunion.com insert you address at FIND A LOCAL AGENT and you will see that they are a lot of western union agentcy near you.
Here's what you have to do.You must go to an Western Union office and make the payment on my name and address, after you made the payment people from Western Union will give you a MTCN# (Money Transfer Control Number),you must mail me this number and i will check with this number at Western Union web page and if everything it's fine and you are a serious buyer i will go right away at FedEx Priority Service and send you the package and the tracking number from Fedex priority service in your e-mail to be able to check that the package is in your way.
FULL NAME: floren celerier
ADDRRESS: 21 garlick hill
ZIP: EC4 2 AU
CITY/COUNTRY:London UK

There are 2 common elements in these scammers:
1. They both involve Western Union
2. They are both out of London

I don't know how this scam works but I'm assuming its based on the same theme as the scammers trying to sell this viper.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang