Coupe fuel lid install on convertable

porschebreath

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello, I git a great deal on the chrome fuel lid. I want to put it on my vert. Does anyone know the part number for the fller hose that is from the coupe?. Thanks

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What color is your car? On silver it might not look to bad.

A few have done this, but I can never figure out why. It SO breaks up the lines of the car. It's not like the fuel lid is a particularly attractive part of the car. Hey, it's all in the eye of the owner, but I never understood this kind of "mod". Heck, I wish they would would lead the fuel filler line to the inside of the wheel well so you'd never see it and leave the rear quarter panel completely clean.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt ask opinions. Read the post

Hard not to chuckle here. If you're going to be THIS sensitive (with less than a handful of posts), you should post in the new member area ONLY. We designed that area for newbies and it's moderated to be "smack free" (not that what I posted was anywhere NEAR to smack). I was hoping you'd point out some of the reasons for your choice.

In the future, if you don't want opinions on a public forum, you need to state exactly that (though some would suggest that such a statement might attract opinions). Seriously, PB, if you want to have any fun here you need to loosen up a bit. Trust me when I say that the manner in which I expressed my opinion was ridiculously gentle.

If you don't get a part number here, call Chuck Tator and he can run it down for you.

And relax :cool:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW- Assuming you're talking of a Gen 3, I think you need to replace (w/ coupe version) or modify the entire quarter panel. Changing out the filler assembly will not work.

OP
OP
P

porschebreath

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, sorry about the tude, I am considering not putting the coupe filler cap on. you made some good points. It just may mess with the clean lines of the viper. BTW, its a 2003. Thanks

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No need for a filler hose. All you need is the housing for it.
Peice a cake.

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't need to do anything with the hose. Just remove excisting fuel door and filler neck housing, trim panel and locate new fuel door using its hole pattern and bolt in place along with the coupe's filler neck housing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96