Coupe gas cap in viper red...... Pics.....

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finish with the install on my vert looks killer. I have an extra coupe gas cap if anyone wants one just pm me. Let see what you think.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pedro, I gotta be honest as you know I'm on board with most all of your other mods...I think I might have preferred some other finish, not polished obviously, but maybe carbon like FLATOUT has on his vert. Tastefully executed though...

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did it in black first to match the wheels but it just didnt look the way I wanted, the good news is an easy swap.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you described it to me, I'd not like it, but seeing it, I think I do. Nice execution like Ryan says, very clean and tasteful and considering the options, I bet it looks integral to the car. Black fasteners are a really nice touch. Good job. I've considered doing this to my vert, I have fuel door envy of those coupe guys.
Dave.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not sure it make sense to do all this work to put the coupe gas cap in the vert to paint it the same color. The stock vert cap color matched looks great because it's very subtle. I think I would look better in chrome as in the coupe. Having said that I really like the interior of your car, very nicely done.

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't decide if I like it or not. Only thing that matters is if you do though. :) fwiw, I definitely do love the fact that you're doing something unique. Kind of like the C5 rear end, I suspect that your gas cap will grow on me. I do like Thom's idea ... black ring around the cap.

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Disregard my previous endorsement off the black ring. I did a quick photoshop and it didn't look right. All red is the way to go. :)

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The black ring will make it look like a target, Thanks for all the coments the red cap looks great in real life.

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice... What is that black piece on top of your trunk? if you don't mind me asking :)

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a carbon fiber lip/spoiler that I had custom made.

Nice... What is that black piece on top of your trunk? if you don't mind me asking :)

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a carbon fiber lip/spoiler that I had custom made.
That carbon fibre lip/spoiler looks awesome, who custom makes those part's if you don't mind if I ask?

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest I'm not sure it make sense to do all this work to put the coupe gas cap in the vert to paint it the same color. The stock vert cap color matched looks great because it's very subtle. I think I would look better in chrome as in the coupe. Having said that I really like the interior of your car, very nicely done.

+1 on that.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like you got a cheap maaco paint job and they didnt take the time to mask everything off.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like you got a cheap maaco paint job and they didnt take the time to mask everything off.

I can see what your talking about but is just a reflection on the pic. the cap was not painted was powder coded viper red for a perfect match.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've looked at these pics a few more times, and I'm coming around to the look...it does seem like a lot of money and time for a mod that even most Viper owners wouldn't catch on to though. But hell, that's half the point in doing appearance mods - clean and subtle that most people couldn't tell it's not OEM anyways

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've looked at these pics a few more times, and I'm coming around to the look...it does seem like a lot of money and time for a mod that even most Viper owners wouldn't catch on to though. But hell, that's half the point in doing appearance mods - clean and subtle that most people couldn't tell it's not OEM anyways
Exactly, my car has many many mods but it takes a real viper fan to catch them. So far the reaction to the color match cap is 50/50 ,and that's music to my ears.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth