Custom GEN 2 RT/10

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished making this car for a board member, thought everyone would like a look...

You must be registered for see images

Putting one of these together is quite the process taking about 2 weeks to complete requires both an RT/10 and GTS to cut up to make 1 car as the facia and hood are needed to complete the look.

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. A sapphire one would look pretty good. Think you could do that one? Maybe with Cognac Interior?

I currently have one of those in the works for someone. Sapphire with cognac wouldn't be a problem at all.

This will work out great as I am just about to order paint right from Mopar.

We can hammer out the details through email.

[email protected]

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig, how come yer not doin' that on real cars????? :2tu: :headbang:

lack of expensive as hell paint booth! It's something I'd do if I ever hit the lottery. Just build a big shop at my house and play in it all day :laugh: Each car takes about 10 hours of my time but I enjoy it.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

lack of expensive as hell paint booth! It's something I'd do if I ever hit the lottery. Just build a big shop at my house and play in it all day :laugh: Each car takes about 10 hours of my time but I enjoy it.

Why don't ya move down here and help my wife?????? :D :D :D You could play with hot-rods all week long, 52 weeks a year!!!!!!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

p.s. don't need expensive paint booth, built mine myself for about 4k. Sold a Road Runner to do it and bought the car back about 3 1/2 years later. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice Craig!
I have never had the patience, or artistic skills needed to paint, airbrush, etc. both my brothers are gifted in that area also. Makes me really appreciate that type of skill. :2tu:

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why don't ya move down here and help my wife?????? :D :D :D You could play with hot-rods all week long, 52 weeks a year!!!!!!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

p.s. don't need expensive paint booth, built mine myself for about 4k. Sold a Road Runner to do it and bought the car back about 3 1/2 years later. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

If you're in Wisconsin I'd be moving NORTH!

It's cold enough here as it is!

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kind of harsh, I have a minature of every sports car I have owned. Craig it looks great!

Andy

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, very similar to my "never ending story full scale RT/10". I purchased a GTS fasia, and am installing a NACA duct too, except I bought a pair of oval Jag hood louvres to go on the sides of the hood instead of the square GTS louvres.

I built a mock up like this too.. pewter metallic with black stripes though. $100 is a good price, I spent hours and hours stripping the (red) paint, filing low qaulity casting flash and parting lines off, and finally priming and painting.

silverten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI,

The pics are not coming up on my computer. Can you send some to me? Thanks.

Chris Moore

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you do one like my '96 GTS? It has a [******] wing, Autoform front slpitter and roof scoop. I'm fairly talented in this area myself but don't know what material to use to form these parts. Any suggestions?

Bob K

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems imagestation doesn't like me linking to them. I am in the process of getting a web site set up but in the meantime I will repost the pics....

well I tried and they won't come up! I will try something else.

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes these load, sometimes not. Hit refresh a few times. It has to do with Image Station hosting. If you cut and past the last three into the "address" window of your browser, they seem to work OK:

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287755935[/image]

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p1ecf8ee9c3b45af0d1f9945fb85a2e08/f9ae592c.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p7438cc4d43b9296dc6a680da0296a384/f9ae5924.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid103/p8aa133df8fd49d62a419f7550e45fe91/f9ae591c.jpg[/image]

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you do one like my '96 GTS? It has a [******] wing, Autoform front slpitter and roof scoop. I'm fairly talented in this area myself but don't know what material to use to form these parts. Any suggestions?

Bob K

Hi Bob,

Got your email and responded.

As for your 96, that would take quite a bit of custom work that even I'm not sure if I would be able to recreate. For molding special body pieces I just use bondo beleive it or not. It bonds very well to the die cast and when prepared properly accepts the paint just as well as the metal does. The wing could likely be made out of thin sheet metal or something but it would be very tricky.

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Craig.

Nice job on the car. Have you made some mods "under the hood"?? The Bburago Vipers aren't really exact in engine details. Would be nice, if you could take some more pics of it then.

Someone asked for a few bodyparts. Of course that's possible.