D-Day is approaching.... What will happen to the Viper?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good point, however those are not really "spy shots" in the sense of a really new car (i.e. "something to keep secret"). The cars in those pics were out "in the open" and there is a video that shows the cars quite a bit and even has some discussion with the persons driving the cars. Those cars have been spotted quite a bit, so there has been no 'secrecy' involved. I hope those were test mules for a new motor, which is required because of 2007 Federal Emission regs (limiting Nitrous Oxide emissions by quite a bit).

By "spy shots" I was referring more to a "Gen IV" type of car.

So, if all DC is going to offer us is a new motor with matching hood, what's the big deal? Where's the need to keep "that" secret? It's obvious a new motor is required (2007 federal regs), especially one that has the same power rating (you could significantly de-tune the existing motor and have it comply).

That's my point, nothing will happen at NAIAS...at least that's my hunch.

I believe DC's already shown their true colors, dumping the Viper with significant mid-model year price discounts, a truly bizarre (and unexplained) finale to VOI9 (showing a Vette?!), killing the Skip Barber sponsorship, and now, nothing, complete silence on anything to do with Viper.

-J

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I showed you those mules in August, cruising at the Woodward Dream Cruise:

6594Aug20-108.JPG

6594Aug20-107.JPG

To read about the new car, check the Feb. '07 issue of Motor Trend -- just out on the newstands. :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960