D Status!!

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My violet viper w/aero package is in D status, I only have 3 months to go.:)
Well, at least I have a Vin!! I know, but it's the little things that make me happy.
I am going to try to arrange a tour at CAAP around the time they will hopefully be building purple cars.:D

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went into D status during the 1st week of feb and as of wednesday i was in G so i'm assuming i'll be in I status by end of week

That's 6 weeks from D - I .... Although not to rain on anyones parade there was something on TV while i was at the gym about chrysler forcing workers to take 2 weeks of vacation

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i went into D status during the 1st week of feb and as of wednesday i was in G so i'm assuming i'll be in I status by end of week

That's 6 weeks from D - I .... Although not to rain on anyones parade there was something on TV while i was at the gym about chrysler forcing workers to take 2 weeks of vacation

the forced vacation is in july AFTER our cars should be built. From what I understand, all plants do this for general maintenance, and do upgrades to get ready to produce next years model.

what color and options are you getting? mine will probably be in D staus unti mid to end of april.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
red , no stipes , h rims , 2 tone, mats, ........If u're in d status now then i would certainly be hoping that u'd get to i status by the end of April

just wondering but when does the dealer actually pay for the car

a. when it leaves the factory
b. on delivery
c. when they sell it at the dealership

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
red , no stipes , h rims , 2 tone, mats, ........If u're in d status now then i would certainly be hoping that u'd get to i status by the end of April

b. on delivery

ask Bill P. but, probably after they get an invoice.

I would hope that my car will get to I status by the end of april, but its violet, and who knows when they will start building them.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

b. on delivery

I did a little research on this and this is what I found. Bill can chime in if I'm wrong.

Car dealers have to pay the manufacturers for the cars when they get an invoice or around when it leaves the factory. However, most dealerships finance the price of these cars through "floor plan financing" meaning the manufacturer finances the car and charges the dealership interest. The loan has to be paid back when the car is sold.

This is also why you can often get a better deal on a car if you buy around the last few days of the month. For one thing, they like to meet their quotas. For another thing, if you buy before the new month, it's less interest for them to pay back and they are more willing to give you a better deal as they will save some money on interest.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did a little research on this and this is what I found. Bill can chime in if I'm wrong.

Car dealers have to pay the manufacturers for the cars when they get an invoice or around when it leaves the factory. However, most dealerships finance the price of these cars through "floor plan financing" meaning the manufacturer finances the car and charges the dealership interest. The loan has to be paid back when the car is sold.

This is also why you can often get a better deal on a car if you buy around the last few days of the month. For one thing, they like to meet their quotas. For another thing, if you buy before the new month, it's less interest for them to pay back and they are more willing to give you a better deal as they will save some money on interest.

I'm assuming they pay interest everyday for the "car loan" So why would the end of the month change anything, they still would owe for each day they have the car unsold:dunno:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm assuming they pay interest everyday for the "car loan" So why would the end of the month change anything, they still would owe for each day they have the car unsold:dunno:

Possibly. I'm not exactly sure how they calculate their interest. But I have a few friends who run car dealerships and they have always told me not to buy a car from anyone at the beginning of the month. Wait until the last day or two and you will get a better deal. I don't know. Just throwing out theories!:dunno:

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score

so, do you have a rough idea on when you think that your car will be ready?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once it hits i status then from what i've seen on here(assuming no stripes) then anywhere from 2-5 weeks for delivery

SSGchic-- i spoke to my dealer today and u r correct that most dealers finance the cars from the manufacturer/or bank..i did not ask specifically but he did seem to imply that the interest is due monthly so whether or not selling the car towards the end of the month saves a months interest i don't know.... my dealer is small with an inventory of 6-7 million costing 8-9k interest a month...just one of the costs of doing business

OP
OP
M

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viper red like the avatar....i status 3/13

wow- final inspection....that shouldnt take long, should it? get the checklist, give the car a good once over, maybe a twice over....wrap it up and send it on its way, right? that should only take a day. maybe you will get your car next week.:drive:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who knows maybe that was my red vert right behind buschs' car hehehe.. it went into I status later that same day......Anyways i have no idea on delivery...One person on here has been stuck in i status for 5 weeks...all i can do is hope ... My dealer will be invoiced when it leaves the factory so he will know when it leaves....