Delivery photos of VOI9 special edition coupes

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The VOI9 Special Edition Coupes were delivered on Monday to 14 new owners. The cars looked and sounded great. About half had the "power upgrades" and two had the Prefix wings and splitters. They were all supposed to have the five spokes according to DC and prefix, but three were delived with H-spoke wheels.

You must be registered for see images attach

Special Editions lined up ready to drive to the track (ignore my GTS).

1 of 100, but only 1 of 1 with the prefix wing and splitter, the power package and H-spoke wheels.

Headers, exhaust, valves and springs, swing arm pick-up. Prefix pulls the engine, ships it to Arrow who reworks it, and then back to prefix for re-install, Basicaly a comp coupe engine in an SRT-10 coupe.

Badge on rear bumper for the power package.

First laps around Las Vegas speedway.

OP
OP
V

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Blue GTS
I spoke with the Prefix guys for about 20 min before they were delivered. They say that Arrow promises a min of 550 hp and 585 torque. So thats the minimum. However, they had one dynoed that was 555 hp at the rear wheels. So the actual is a bit more.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I thought the raffle car was the only one to get the prefix
wing and splitter package? So I guess that means the 1-of-1
raffle this year is only that way because it has checkers?!?

Wow, this VOI has all kinds of lousy news attached.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
555 @ the rear would put the cars HP at the flywheel around 625 to 650, definetly not achievable with those simple mods.

OP
OP
V

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know how many were sold. They only delivered 14 at VOI9. The power added cost was in the 15K range and the prefix wing and splitter was in the 3K each range. Not positive.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a question I have about these coupes:

all the ones in these pics seem to have the blue ornament/badge on the b pillars that proclaim it the voi9 special edition (these badges are beautiful in real life and add much to the sparkle and pizzazz of the cars, imo).
In photos of voi9 coupes on eBay, NONE of them have the badges....??? Are the badges owner-applied? Are they only on coupes that were actually delivered at the voi event? :confused:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Viper-2006-Viper-GTS-Coupe-VOI-9-Edition_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6209QQihZ015QQitemZ250033845200QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

OP
OP
V

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The badges on the pillars were placed on the cars at VOI9. I saw the prefix guys checking and appling some of the badges when I was there. You can e-mail them and check, they like to talk about their cars.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There have only been 9 cars done with the power upgrades and even fewer done with the wings and splitter. There were 13 cars done with the H spoke rims, though I believe only 12 stayed in the US and 1 went to Canada. Therefore the H spokes will be a very uncommon site. There should be a few more with wings coming from the factory, but the total numbers done prior to delivery will be very, very tiny.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper :2tu:

The badges were applied to the cars that were delivered at VOI9 by the folks at Prefix.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics! Man I NEED one of those coupes. How did the ones with the performance package sound?

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are all the Coupes with modded engines given full warranties? All I got to say is that DC is on the right track with this type of special edition. :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21