Diff cooler info needed

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that its "winter" here in Wisconsin and my coupe put away, it's time to make some mods to the car.

During this past summer at the different track days that I did, I would "wire" with calibrated thermocouples, various parts of the car to see what temps I was reaching in different areas such as the trans, diff, brake calipers, real engine oil temp.

I feel its time to put a diff cooler in for sure. I have about 40 degrees left to play with on the transmisssion and I found out my oil temps are running about 20-25 degrees hotter that the gauge registers.

My question today is what are folks using for coolers and fans. I know about the MOPAR one and they are pretty proud of it judging by the price. that being said, I have the time, skills and a good computer to locate the parts I need to put one together at less money that Dodge is asking.

I just need some info to start.

thanks

Steve A.

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a GTS -00 that I track and I've covered the entire underbody with alu sheet metal for maximum ground force...
and therfore I needed to install a diff cooler ...
I drilled 2 holes in the bottom of the diff..one for the suction of oil and the other for the temp probe..
return oil is thru the filler / level hole on the side of the diff...
installed a 19row cooler upfront together with a tilton diff pump...and a pressure sender on the return side...the oil temp and pressure gauge with
on / off switch inside where the radio once resided...so when the temp starts to go up ....flick the switch and check for pressure...
then you know there is flow...(I wired the pump via a relay and also added a mini led so I know the power is there ..)
And by the way, AN8 for the braided hoses and fittings..:)