DO NOT SEND YOUR CAR TO DOUG LEVIN!

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...until he has had time to finish his work on my car
smile.gif
Thanks...your patience is appreciated.
Ole' yeller is on its way to North Miami Beach so that Dr. Levin can perform his speed enhancing,dyno-busting,tire-wearing,g-force creating work. Thanks Doug for your patience in explaining just exactly what we would be doing to the car...I can't wait to see how it comes out.

No Flame Intended...Just Observation,
CStegall

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cstegall,
congrats on your DLM car. Doug & company build a phenomenal car. I'm waiting for the 03 SRT. I was hoping to have Doug build a SRT for me but looks like a slim chance before January.
I have a red on order and want one of the first ones built by DLM. I'm keeping my 2000 and giving it to my son.
Your going to be in heaven with the car.

Max

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Max,
Sounds like a plan...can't wait to see what you do with your '03. Think we will leave our '03 stock 'cause my better- half wants to drive it.

Dr. Roof,
I just hope that it performs as well as yours does...we gotta get all the DLM cars together someday.

Sean,
Thanks for the kind thoughts,it's guys like you that keep this board going. Keep up that Viper enthusiasm
smile.gif

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Clark,
What level DLM are you getting? Hope to see it at one of our meetings when you get it back! Good luck and God's speed! BTW, make sure you get 5 or 6 pt. harness...you're gonna need it!

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll post something as soon as I have stories to tell. I just got the trailer hitch installed in my X5 today, so I'm equipped to haul the Yellow Beast out to the local dragstrips on some proper tires
yesnod.gif

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt,DDog and Ben,

Thanks for the posts...car was going in for the Level 1+ and then I spoke with Doug and it looks like we may go to another level(don't know which one yet).
Kurt-wanna be my test subject(you drive it first!!!)
DDog-you're the best...will let you know when it gets finished..I owe you a beer.
Ben-well..what can I say...I don't think there is a car out there that is as fast as yours(at least one that is streetable)!
At some point I think we ought to get all of the DLM cars together in one place (LOI-Levin Owners Invitational).

CStegall

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clark -- question for you, actually. Doug says the front end you've got on your car is both "gorgeous" and is also quite functional for getting air into the intercooler & radiator. Do you (a) have any pictures of it and (b) care to divulge from where you obtained it? I may end up grafting one onto my yellow beastie, strictly in the interest of gathering more horsepower of course
supergrin.gif

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben,

Absolutely...the front end fascia is from Autoform(through JonB @PartsRack). The fascia is the one that is considered the "track" version with the driving lights. I also purchased a lower splitter with the package that is mounted directly underneath the fascia(extending quite a way underneath the car). I found that the splitter will rub just a bit when loading onto the Sloan Kwik Load, but not enough to do any damage(did buy an extra splitter..driveways are another matter
smile.gif
). I was concerned,as was Doug,that the fascia would not allow for his install...your news is good to hear because it means I will be able to leave it on and not have to change back to stock.
Unfortunately..no pics..installed-went to VOI-then to Doug. Maybe Doug will post some.
BTW...Did Doug tell you that I have a rearview mirror that shows temp/compass
rolleyes.gif
...now that adds HP!

CStegall

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben,

Addition to above:
I also added the Autoform brake cooling kit with the fascia and my Viper Tech(Keith Laxson)and body man(Spencer Boyette)did a lot of "fitting" to the front end of the hood. The only real pain was getting just the right fit so the hood would open/close without any adjustment getting out of whack.

CStegall

OP
OP
C

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exec and Walt,

Thanks for the posts. I am really looking forward to seeing what Doug does to my car.

CStegall

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96