Do you know this Viper?

dies

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm looking at a 2001 GTS in the Washington DC area. The car is at a dealer on consignment. They know very little about the car, and the person that owns it is a wholesaler, so in turn he knows very little about the car as well. They Carfax'ed it and everything looks ok, but I was wondering if anyone would be familiar with this Viper.

2001 GTS, Sapphire Blue, Connolly Int. VIN is 1B3ER69E61V700768

The car has about 6k on it. It looks pretty nice, however, there are some decent nicks in the back, which of course nobody has a clue to the cause. Also there seems to be some dry salt under the hood (not on the engine, on the hood liner), is this common? I'm very interested in getting a viper (been looking for about 2 years) and I've decided to myself it's time to get one. I don't want to jump the gun and get something I will be disappointed with and will give me a bad experience with Vipers. Does anyone have an opinion on what this car should go for?

Thanks

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You need to get that car on a lift and have a look at its belly. With a car in which you can't see/touch the driver of it and no history it pays to be on the safe side.

Carfax is great for high level stuff, but really is only 1 piece of the process.

I am not an expert by any means. We probably have some D.C members that are more qualified.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If that car is in good shape I would think it would go for no less than 56k, especially from a dealer.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Bill Pemberton or Tom Sessions, or Mike @Ringold then you can be sure your getting a quality Viper and a fair price.
Good luck!

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
You can also try Biff of Vipermania, he is located in VA a few miles out of DC and has good handle on a lot of local cars. I got my car through him and it is everything he claimed it would be.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Any dealer/tech with Dodge connections can get you the
service file (fax) from Dodge. This will tell you every owner, every
service, part, etc.
Then get a tech or body shop to put it on a lift, check
for bolt marks, body panel tags, frame, suspension, scrapes, etc.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dies, I have a friend who can pull the Chrysler service file on the car. Send me a PM with your phone number and I can call you with the report. It may take a day or two.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Like Lee says - Jason Heffner. He checked both of mine
before buying. Jason also got me in his shop, replaced
my clutch and out - two hours! and a Great price as well !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc