Dodge does not support their products!

ByteMe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I posted earlier about trying to get Dodge to pay for a part that has failed twice in 12,000 miles (see original post in next paragraph):

The door opener, part #4763187AC on my Viper has failed again after only 16
months and around 4,000 miles of car usage. The original part had around 8,000
miles on it when it failed. Although this is past the 12 month part warranty,
I am wondering if there is a chance that Dodge would own up to replacing my
part for free?

I called Dodge and they were of no help. They said that, since the part was installed by a non-Dodge dealer's mechanic, they couldn't guarantee that it wasn't installed incorrectly. The mechanic that installed it is Viper certified. I have had an expensive list of repairs for a car with only 12,000 miles on it and Dodge won't support the owners or back their parts in this area.

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I posted earlier about trying to get Dodge to pay for a part that has failed twice in 12,000 miles (see original post in next paragraph):

The door opener, part #4763187AC on my Viper has failed again after only 16
months and around 4,000 miles of car usage. The original part had around 8,000
miles on it when it failed. Although this is past the 12 month part warranty,
I am wondering if there is a chance that Dodge would own up to replacing my
part for free?

I called Dodge and they were of no help. They said that, since the part was installed by a non-Dodge dealer's mechanic, they couldn't guarantee that it wasn't installed incorrectly. The mechanic that installed it is Viper certified. I have had an expensive list of repairs for a car with only 12,000 miles on it and Dodge won't support the owners or back their parts in this area.

You should talk to Chuck ( Wizard). And get some feedback from him. Right this moment. Im having a different kind of door problem. Something wrong with the hinge, on the passenger door. Might have to replace the hinge. The door,is a bit sticky,and makes a "poppin" sound when I close it. My car only has 8500 miles on it.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with plumcrazy....I had to jump through hoops to get the wheels replaced on my 2000 as they were getting this wierd orange stuff under the clear around the bolt holes.

The car was well under warranty, and DC kept shipping wheels that were getting damaged during shipping to the dealer. Finally, the zone rep said that he would do "no more for this customer". In the end, it all got worked out.

It wasn't like I bought a used Neon from Thrifty or Budget and expected the moon.

Just part of the reason that my daily drivers are Fords. I have never had a warranty issue with Ford.

That said..I still see another Viper in my future....a Viper from the past.

Reaction score
Support varies from dealership to dealership. Non dealership work is not covered unless the provider of service has a good relationship with a dealership.

Warranties terms are defined and limited. When coverage ends the best hope is a dealership that will take exception to the warranty period.

Have owned several Vipers and the warranty service has been Great!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading Fred's response..I have to admit that he is correct too.

If it wasn't for someone like Chuck T,I would have no one at dealership level to trust with my Viper.

OP
OP
B

ByteMe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, the problem is with the electronics that decide when the door should open. What has been happening is that the door would open randomly, i.e. without pressing the door open button. That's a bit of a problem when driving and for getting the car to lock. I just get tired of buying a $450 part (not to mention the $200+ labor) every 6,000 miles.