DODGE MOTORSPORTS ACR-X @ VIR for UTCC!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Grassroots Magazine does some cool stuff and this is just another example!! Best of luck to Kuno, but like the other comments, I expect him to crush the time out there!:headbang:

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team Dodge ACR-X finished in 2nd place overall, behind the 900 HP Hemi Challenger. It was a battle, which was decided by 2 one-hundredths of a second. Great job by Dodge/Kuno on a tough 100 deg. track day!

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great results with Dodge finishing 1/2. I'm sure there were some other serious cars out there.

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone's times on mylaps.com. I was in traffic all day in the 20-16 grid position. Trying to learn a fast and technical track like VIR in the midst of a time trial competition is not the easiest thing in the world! LOL. There were no test days. I put up a 2:08 but was blocked by some guys who put up faster times in the morning when I was having probs. I got past them yesterday and was running in 2:06's, which is my first weekend here (except for a rain soaked March test day). I won 3rd place in NASA TTU yesterday with a 2:06.5. I have been knocking off good time with every session and posted a 2:05.5 in morning warmup today. (Best TT time yesterday was a 2:03.8)

--the "X" with Kuno driving is obviously way faster than a reg ACR, but I am not a pro driver and never have been one.

I think the ACR shocks are not the best. I had a hard time getting my car to settle down on braking in the big depression before the Oak tree corner. I have retorqued the front bearings too, and that helps a bit.

I should also add that I was having probs with the front splitter (again)...shaking like crazy over 130 mph. I have zero slack in it now and its better. We will see if it stays tight (double nuts with blue loctite).

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hemi Challenger!
IMG_5875.JPG

IMG_5873.JPG

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great times and no you can't compare them to the ACR-Xs. I was at VIR for this past ViperDays and I think I was slower than the slowest ACR-X and I finished 2nd in the Unlimited class. Those things are nuts!!! Hope you had a blast!

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F8L, congrats on P2! Nice job.

Dodge has had numerous test days at VIR as you prob know, and the VRL guys know the track, have data etc. Crews. All big advantages. Did you catch Gilles' alias on the VC broadcast? LOL

Kuno was 2 sec behind the 'rumored' fast ACR-X time and the Hemi Challenger was a couple behind his time last year so everyone felt the track was greasy and slow this weekend. I can't say siince I missed VD. I know it was hard to get the power down in a couple spots but I had scrubs on since Hoosier ran out of stock on 19" A's. Sry I missed a chance to run w 'the guys.' Maybe I will see you at Miller!

Last edited:

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! Yes I did notice the a certain Chevy Sux :)

The track was very hot when VD ran there but I don't know that it was as hot as when you guys were out there. That was Kuno's best time out at VIR yet though from what I hear. I am not in the circle of know though but I know it was amongst his best times.

Great showing for Dodge and you did Great! Won't be at Miller there isn't enough track time for me to make that trek :(

F8L, congrats on P2! Nice job.

Dodge has had numerous test days at VIR as you prob know, and the VRL guys know the track, have data etc. Crews. All big advantages. Did you catch Gilles' alias on the VC broadcast? LOL

Kuno was 2 sec behind the 'rumored' fast ACR-X time and the Hemi Challenger was a couple behind his time last year so everyone felt the track was greasy and slow this weekend. I can't say siince I missed VD. I know it was hard to get the power down in a couple spots but I had scrubs on since Hoosier ran out of stock on 19" A's. Sry I missed a chance to run w 'the guys.' Maybe I will see you at Miller!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950