Does anyone with a GTS which they went with an RT-10?

Predatorjh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
dose anyone know a great viper tech around the Flint Michigan area? looking to to do all fluids,plugs, wires and filters. Also have a ticking noise under the gear shift and gettig a little back fire???

v10nut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the looks of my 2001 rt/10. Looks are subjective so get what you want!

You must be registered for see images attach

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I FINALLY made a decision!

I just agreed to a price and terms on an 01 sapphire blue GTS with a few upgrades (headers, exhaust, etc.). Overall, the color, options, and price are perfect for me. I couldn't be happier with how things have turned out.

He is sending me a few specific pics I asked for tomorrow, and as long as things look good I'll be making the transaction on Monday.

Now I just have to decide if I want to fly out and drive it home 1,000 miles or have it shipped:D

Thanks for everyones input, it helped me out alot!

-Derek

Excellent choice! Can't beat a Sapphire GTS (except maybe with an ACR). I love my Sapphire GTS best with it's Roe supercharger etc. I bought this 2000 Red/silver GTS ACR (all ACRs were GTS). The GTS is allowed to go 11.5 ET without a roll bar - The
RT10 and SRT10 only 13sec. Most road races don't allow a vert to compete without a rollbar although the GTS hardtop is, of course, designed for racing. The fastback and ducktail spoiler are good for an extra 4mph top speed over the RT and SRT bodies. Amercian Club Racers came with $10,000 worth of adjustable racing shocks and stock smooth tubes (10hp more). Selling for only a couple thousand more than a normally equipped GTS I found that it cost me hundreds of dollars to buy racing seat belt harnesses for my Sapphire GTS. ACR came with camlock 5 point seat belts as well as stocker 3 points.

If being a little slower is OK, then an RT is also OK.

All my verts leaked and got their roofs slashed. They were all noisey. I will never buy another convertible as long as I live.

Thursday [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYZcEfAhgCA[/media]

I flew to Phoenix and paid for my newest ACR. Then I bought insurance for a couple hundred (for just over a month) and a 90 day registration/plate permit ($10). I had new tires installed and headed out of Phoenix. Started with 21,800 miles and now I have 24,800 miles on the car. Oil change when I bought it and absolutely no issues along the way. I drove through several snow storms (no problem) and drove through days of heavy rain. Wife and I visited family at Plam Desert, gambled at Laughlin, visited a Car "Gallery" and bought seat belts in Las Vegas. We visite with friends in Seattle, Olympia, Issaquah and shopped in Bellingham. We went to Lemay Car Museum in Tacoma and enjoyed the drive and spectacle of Snoqualmie Falls outside of Issaquah. We drove across the border and picked up my Stealth TT at the Hotel where we left it parked at Van Airport. The met one daughter in chilliwack and another in Kamloops. Managed to sneak away with the daughter and took the video down a backroad. Finally we made it home!

Another Holiday accomplished! Another great time and another great drive.

Every Hotel gave us special parking permissions and compliments on the car. One girl said that quite a few people came into the office to say how much they liked my ACR. With a Viper you can make friends every time you stop. When I whined about the price of the Hotel the girl knocked another $10 per night off for me! Try that with a vette!

We had a holday and I always love driving a supercharged Viper so the 2 weeks were a blast.

If you like driving you'll want to take the opportunity to drive your new purchase home. You said it's only 1,000 miles? When I go to town it's 200 iles there and 200miles back to the nearest city. Usually all my trips are 600-1000 miles per day. 600 with the wife and 1,000 without.

When I purchased my Roe Sapphire/silver GTS, I flew to Ohio, bought the car and drove back to the border to attend a car show in Vernon, BC 2 days later (no wife). I bought my Red/silver 98 GTS in Ill. after driving from chicago to Ringgold, Georgia and back to Pekin Illinois. Then drove that car back to BC with a stop at Mt. Rushmore. I flew to San Fransisco and bought a Stealth R/T TT there and drove that back to BC. All great trips and fantastic holidays. We drove 6,000 miles to Viper Owner's Invitational in Detroit and will be driving to SLC for the next VOI.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, that was long winded. Maybe I should have just stated that ...

if you bought the car to drive - fly there and drive! Buy a digital camera and post pics here along the way.

If you bought the car to collect - transport it to your garage and park it!

Eh? simple. Either way, enjoy your new Fantasy.

You must be registered for see images

Since you bought a Sapphire GTS you'll be needing to store this Dodge commercial in your computer

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_d2j82efiQ[/media]

enjoy!

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's even better when you own one of the Sapphire/silver cars!

Gotta love it.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive been lucky enough to drive a Gen 1 RT/10 and Own a Cobra replica and a Gen 2 GTS.

The RT was good fun but I found it rather claustrophobic when the soft top roof was on with the Zip up side windows. The car was a TOY to be bought out on the weekends for a bit of fun, the downside of living in the UK is we do not have months of sunshine and at some point you normally ended having to mess about fitting the roof. I also had a Cobra Replica (no roof) a fun car but the fun soon wore off when returning from an event and getting caught out in a rain storm :( I drove down to Le mans a couple of times in the cobra, ended up driving with dustbin liners over our legs and a shammy leather on the inside of the windscreen for wiping away the rain water :( My friend (VENOM 500) went past me in his GTS, windows up, nice and dry, So having given the Verts a go, I sold the Cobra and moved up to the GTS. Ive not regretted it one bit, the GTS is fab :2tu:
Last year I got back in a friends RT for a day, I was very pleased to get back in my GTS after ;)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never drove a viper before, looked at pics online from woodhouse, flew out, drove it home from omaha,NE to NNJ. about 1300 miles. (even taught wife how to drive a stick in the viper in a huge parking lot somewhere off rt80 in ohio so she could drive a few hours for me to rest)

THATS THE BEST WAY TO GET FAMILIAR WITH A VIPER !

i knew i was gonna be driving it hard so a few paint chips on the fascia and windshield didnt matter to me. if the fascia is an issue, get the owner to instal a clearbra for ya if it doesnt already have one.

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on the Viper! Welcome to the fun.

The local gang has a big list of events scheduled including a Dyno Day-it's free to paid members so we'll worth it to join before.:)
If you join the VCA before the 22nd then you are eligible to purchase raffle tickets before April 30th too.

Safe travel on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang