Does Gen 2 soft top fit on a Gen 1?

TXViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking for soft top to replace the old one on my '95 RT/10. I saw one for a 2001 on Ebay right now so I'm wondering if it would fit on my '95. Could some one let me know if it does? and why if it doesn't fit? Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Vip...sspagenameZWDVW

By the way, is there anyone on here bidding on the soft top right now? I don't want to step on anybody's toes. Thanks a bunch!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This question gets brought up A LOT. Could someone do some homework and make a post about what year tops (hard and soft) are compatible with other years? I'm not positive, but it seems like Chuck Tator told me once that my hardtop (96 RT) will fit 95-98 RT/10s.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know for sure that different years have differnt length front pins. On my aftermarket hard top, I had to get a different set of pins because the initial ones they sent for my year weren't correct either! Seems they changed part way through the year?

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
I know that a 96 Soft top will fit on a 95 for sure. It is a much easier to set up and stronger top then the one for the 95.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think a 2001 top will fit on a 95. The cut off for fit may be 96. I have a friend who has a 96 RT. The new style (2001) top will not fit his car

Steve