Does you SRT-10 run this Rich? Plus a shameless pic.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I start the car for the first time of the day,it tends to run very rich please see the pic below (notice the wet spot in front of the exhaust :confused: ). I have a corsa track/with high flow cats, does anyone else notice this.
9927P1020906-med.JPG

Here is a pic from this morning, I just detailed her yesterday :nana:
9927P1020907-med.JPG

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that both of the SRT's I have owned did/do the same thing, although I think it was just water/condensation in the exhaust. Not sure if that means it is running rich or not, but do know I always bring the car up to operating temperature before driving off - less mess that way.

Gorgeous car and the house ain't too shabby either! :2tu:

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do you know how rich it is running? fro the most part cars run rich at startup, especially when cold.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get water splatter on the floor, Some carbon coloring that the water picks up on the way out the exhaust. But it appears to be just water, a normal by-product of combustion. Once the catalysts warms up the water is in a heated state and does not condense quickly.

Richness has nothing to do with it. If it were excessively rich you would see black smoke at start up instead.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do you know how rich it is running? fro the most part cars run rich at startup, especially when cold.

I agree...all the cars I've owned tend to run a little rich upon cold start up. I could smell the gasoline...but only for a few seconds.

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Corsa Track and RT high flows...on start up mine blows black water a few feet from the sides. After a few spirited runs....my sills are peppered with black soot from the exhaust!!!! I think it's kinda cool....I also notice some dark smoke on occasion at WOT....totally normal with high flow cats. Hell....my damn sills are even slightly melted/peeling from the extreme heat/flow.

C

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Normal.

Mostly condensation.

N

Nobody

Water........ALL internal combustion engines do this ... if that was unburned fuel your engine would have siezed due to washdown of the cylinders among other things

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there was a suburban or escalade parked in your driveway i'd swear that would be Tony Soprano's house! haha

Sweet house and nice ride!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950