Dumb Question.....

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this sounds dumb but I have often wondered what it would
be like to ride in a Viper.

I have never riden in a Viper, I have always been behind the
wheel driving my Viper ... and I have never even been in a
RT10, driving or riding. Sounds like I'm missing something.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually, I like to sit in the passenger seat at times. I get to see more reaction from other people where when I'm driving..I tend pay more attention to the road...Plus it's relaxing.

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is NO better feeling than crusing down a wide open freeway in So. Cal. on an 85 degree sunny day in November. Except maybe for crusing down an open freeway going to Palm Springs on a warm summer night.

Did I forget to mention crusing speed is negotiable.

You my friend are DEFINATELY missing something.
smile.gif

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bad_Byte:
There is NO better feeling than crusing down a wide open freeway in So. Cal. on an 85 degree sunny day in November.[snip]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You said it Byte, I was thinking about the great day we had today, I was downtown and it was 83 degrees.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I mention that I love my RT/10...

Riding as a passenger gives you a different feel of the car, I don't particularly like it in my personal car. I don't have the same "wierd" feeling if I ride shotgun in another Viper, just mine.
supergrin.gif

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Riding shotgun in the older R/T 10 gen 1 cars give you more of that road feel......good old raw horsepower feeling. My son and I drive often in my GTS with him driving and it doesn't give you all the feedback from the road surface. Feels softer and smoother but yet powerful.

Max

Brad_Milde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Riding as a passenger in my Dad's 94 RT/10 is awesome. You really feel the car and the acceleration more if you're not concentrating on driving--in my opinion. One particular interesting point is that when riding on the passenger side, the sidepipe exhaust is SIGNIFICANTLY louder than on the driver's side. This only became even more pronounced when Borla's were put on. If anyone can provide an explanation for this, I would appreciate it.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that passenger side exhaust outlet is right next to a concrete barrier on some roads therefore your exhaust note is being amplified. on my 2001 ford lightning both exhaust pipes exit on the passenger side. with all the horsepower mods, headers and dynomax bullet mufflers it makes for a real loud noise when i nail the throttle. any body in the right lane next 2 me gets blasted.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like riding on the passenger side....but not in my car. The Viper feels faster on the passenger side. You don't know when they are going to NAIL it, you don't have a steering wheel to hang on to. The sensation is different.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery