Dynoed my Viper today 612 RWHP 619 RWTQ! 91 pump gas!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Mark's car had 728rwhp.. Ran 9.9 @ 142-144mph.. Apples to Oranges..

Also, you seem to be making some assumptions about Norm's LPE car. The "standard" 542ci might be advertised at 725hp. Norm's car isn't standard.. The guys from LPE have engineered, tuned and delivered a serious viper that Norm built to go as fast as possible.. While the car is totally streetable: 6-speed, carpet, full interior (less passenger seat), A/C, stereo, registration, insurance, etc.. Noone claimed it was a standard package and a docile daily driver..

You can only do so much with a n/a "street" viper. To date, only 3 have been in the 9's.

LPE built 2.... :dunno:

Also found that video and looked into the numbers for you:

>> Video of 9.48 pass << :2tu:

Bradenton Viper Nationals 2006
9.48 @ 145.96
9.49 @ 148 (back up run)

Power is power Mark needed OVER 850 FLYWHEEL horsepower to run CRACK 9S brought about by the the use of NITROUS .How much more power is need to run mid 9s.As i said 850PLUS FLYWHEEL HORSEPOWER IS ALOT JUICE (NO PUN INTENDED )TO GET OUT OF A na motor

Bullet488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOU GUYS HAVE YOUR OPINION I HAVE MINE.

My opinion isn't really an opinion, facts are facts.

You have your opinion...

So is it your opinion that Norm's car:
1) Didn't really run the numbers.. (at least a dozen mid 9's with many witnesses.. I even posted a video for you)
2) Is not really naturally aspirated / nitrous conspiracy (never had it, never hid it)
3) Is N/A, but needs to make over 850hp to run the numbers... Which is impossible? Right?

:dunno:

Oh yeah, Norm's car launches really well.. Marks car was good for 1.4's... Norm's car hits 1.3's.. Just some food for thought..

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Power is power Mark needed OVER 850 FLYWHEEL horsepower to run CRACK 9S brought about by the the use of NITROUS .How much more power is need to run mid 9s.As i said 850PLUS FLYWHEEL HORSEPOWER IS ALOT JUICE (NO PUN INTENDED )TO GET OUT OF A na motor

Can you stop changing cases on every GD post?

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott I had fogotten about your 1.3 60 foot. Any racer understands that fast of a 60 foot plus your numbers that lead up to 1/8 times is why you ran the 9.48.

I like yours and mine hair conspiracy theory.:lmao:

Cudaman:usa:

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a "stock Z-06" can run 10's, then this car can run 9's. When everyone here was pulling out their qtr. mile calculators and claiming a stock Z-06 could'nt run 10's all I heard was how Z-06's can defy physics. Now a bad to the bones 540in.+ monster runs 9's and it's simply impossible. Since when have N/A cars not been able to run the numbers? As bad as the GTSR's were, they certainly don't represent the be all end all of Viper engine technology. The Striker head design out did the GTSR head quite some time ago.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As i replied earylier should NORM want the car tested (under the provision of coarse Smith can INSPECT IT )and inturn put in MOPAR PERF MAG THE OFFER STILL STANDS.The test could be WORKED OUT conducted IN FLA OR NJ.iN TURN THE SECOND a mid 9 second run is obtained i will be the first to admit i was WRONG right here on this forum UNTILL then YOU GUYS HAVE YOUR OPINION I HAVE MINE.

The problem is, Norm doesn't care nor need the car tested or in a magazine. He has the support (and belief) of everyone I can think of that would even concern him.

If you are reeeeally that gung ** then make an $$ offer as to what the car will or won't do. It costs a bit of money to get the car from Tx to Fl or anywhere to test, it costs to get the driver there, it costs and costs...you know that. In figuring the $$$, be sure to add enough to make it worth Norms time.....that will be quite significant in itself ;)

Sample proposal:
Norm, I will pay you $25,000 if you show up at xx and prove your car can run a sub 9.75 pass and then is inspected and shown not to have nitrous on it.

Of course,thats's a lot of money to me....but to Norm that may not be near enough to see that car run :2tu:

BTW, 848 whp at last known dyno.....and guess what...it's on a Lingenfelter dyno !! :D
HENNESSEY HEADERS GAIN 40 HP OVER BALLENGER HEADERS ON LPE MOTOR ONLY - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum

Last edited:

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem is, Norm doesn't care nor need the car tested or in a magazine. He has the support (and belief) of everyone I can think of that would even concern him.

If you are reeeeally that gung ** then make an $$ offer as to what the car will or won't do. It costs a bit of money to get the car from Tx to Fl or anywhere to test, it costs to get the driver there, it costs and costs...you know that. In figuring the $$$, be sure to add enough to make it worth Norms time.....that will be quite significant in itself ;)

Sample proposal:
Norm, I will pay you $25,000 if you show up at xx and prove your car can run a sub 9.75 pass and then is inspected and shown not to have nitrous on it.

Of course,thats's a lot of money to me....but to Norm that may not be near enough to see that car run :2tu:

BTW, 848 whp at last known dyno.....and guess what...it's on a Lingenfelter dyno !! :D
HENNESSEY HEADERS GAIN 40 HP OVER BALLENGER HEADERS ON LPE MOTOR ONLY - Viper Alley - Dodge Viper Forum

848rwhp, damn that is sick. Im still waiting for 1Baaad GTS to report back to this thread.

I bet he calls himself ViperKiller over on the vette forums.

Bullet488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
848rwhp, damn that is sick.

Just for the sake of accuracy, those numbers are from one of Lingenfelter's engine dynos, not a chassis dyno. So it's 848hp less 12-15% drivetrain losses.
Nonetheless, it is a badass build and the LPE guys really delivered an incredible motor package.
:2tu:

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just for the sake of accuracy, those numbers are from one of Lingenfelter's engine dynos, not a chassis dyno. So it's 848hp less 12-15% drivetrain losses.
Nonetheless, it is a badass build and the LPE guys really delivered an incredible motor package.
:2tu:

848 rwhp all motor is just incredible. Way out of the 427's reach.
I wonder whats taking 1BADGTS so long. Theres a few questions posted for him up above.

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Matt, I thought my post might finally get your attention. Your stealth is indeed an impressive car! If I line up against your car at the drags, I will lose plain and simple.

I have since upgraded the clutch and have upped the pill. My street bike will never match your ET. However, I can match your MPH and on the streets of Mexico it would be interesting.:)
There are hardly any cars that can run with a built open class bike but yours is one of them. My hats off to your Bada-- car!!

OP
OP
F

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Matt, I thought my post might finally get your attention. Your stealth is indeed an impressive car! If I line up against your car at the drags, I will lose plain and simple.

I have since upgraded the clutch and have upped the pill. My street bike will never match your ET. However, I can match your MPH and on the streets of Mexico it would be interesting.:)
There are hardly any cars that can run with a built open class bike but yours is one of them. My hats off to your Bada-- car!!

have you been racing your bike much this yr? There was a guy last month in Roswell with a ZX-14 running 9.7's from Albq. It's the fastest ZX-14 I have seen at that track, the guy was one hell of a rider too. It was fun to watch it run, you may know the guy it was a black ZX-14.

mralbuquerque

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ZX14 is a quick bike but they don't put out very much mph in my opinion. The guy from ABQ name is Art and there's a guy from your neck of the woods who has one too that runs 9.7's with just bolt ons.

A zx14 is very easy to drag race; slam it, stretch it, a little gearing, rev it up to 6k and dump the clutch, hang on. I had a zx14 for a while and traded it for a gsxr1000.

If i were to do another bike build it would either be a gsxr or hayabusa, throw a turbo on it and call it a day. The 14 requires splitting the cases which can be a pain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62