E-Brake pad replacement already???

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I just dropped my car off at Doug Levin For some routine maintenance. I been doing about 2-3 track days a month now, and the last one over the weekend I heard like a cracking sound when I would move the car from a stop, almost like the pads were stuck by they weren't. Anyway Doug said after they inspected it the rear e-brake pads were toast and it was metal to metal? Does anyone know why on earth that would happen? I of course never accidentally even had the e-brake on, since I always put the car in gear when I park it with no e-brake. How could these be so worn down? I just ordered replacements but it seems very odd to me.......

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My drivers side e-brake inside pad was down to nothing with 4k miles (2003).
I had the E-caliper and pads replaced under warranty...... Not sure why it stuck but it did.....

Lucid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after a track run you should always have the e-brack OFF until things cool down. Have you ALWAYS been doing that?

OP
OP
Y

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are fine.......15k miles are on the car now. I have not checked the inside ebrake pad but i'm guessing its fine:dunno:

I should have made it clear that 2 outside pads were fine, it was the inside that were metal to metal on both. I just changed them today, they are a pain in the ass to change!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte