Eight new Vipers at Sonoma Raceway!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine stopped by Sonoma Raceway and found that they are doing a media launch event there. There are about eight 2013 Vipers, plus the 2010 ACR that set the Nurburgring record, and a number of other SRT cars. The media are appearantly going to be driving the new Vipers both on the track and on the streets.

He thinks that they will be there for the remainder of the day, perhaps tomorrow as well (rain in the forecast tomorrow).

Man I wish I had time to go check it out!!!

Attachments

• Vipers Sonoma.jpg
    Vipers Sonoma.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is too funny....one of my employees just informed me that there were two yellow Gen 5's at a mini mart gas station in Winters, California. He just showed me a picture on instagram that one of his friends sent him. Hiway 128 is a fantastic road with lots of twists and turns....it starts in Winters and goes over towards Napa. Perfect place to test the handling and stability of the new snake.

His "friend" thought they were giving free test drives....I kind of doubt it, lol.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This must be the record-setting ACR...

Edit: Duh, that's the new GTS-R.

Attachments

• 20121113_080937.jpg
    20121113_080937.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool, have your friend put on an Autoweek hat and take one for a spin.

Bruce

You have no idea how hard it is to not just drop work, and drive out there myself. The track is less than an hour from me, and I have yet to see a Gen V in person. I have one on order, sight-unseen.

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the GTS-R strictly race car.

Bruce

Although I've been drooling over Vipers since their inception, I guess I'm a rookie on the racier versions. I have another picture that he took of a couple of red Vipers. I think one's an ACR, the other is a GTS-R. I can't post the pic, because I've exceeded my quota. Gotta look into how to solve that.

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is too funny....one of my employees just informed me that there were two yellow Gen 5's at a mini mart gas station in Winters, California. He just showed me a picture on instagram that one of his friends sent him. Hiway 128 is a fantastic road with lots of twists and turns....it starts in Winters and goes over towards Napa. Perfect place to test the handling and stability of the new snake.

His "friend" thought they were giving free test drives....I kind of doubt it, lol.

Cheers,
George

I may just take my Viper when it arrives on that very road- A spirited drive through the hills, then relax with some wine tasting, finally parking the snake at a bed and breakfast for the night. Yep, ideal way to celebrate.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of us ran the Wednesday Night Drags last night and were treated to a walkthrough of SRT's rolling museum of Viper. And the new ALMS car, wow. BTW, the yellow Mopar-ized (track pack) Gen V has me twitching for my wallet.

We talked at length with Tom O'Dell of SRT, one of the guys involved with the original GTS-Rs... he came out to the staging lanes and imparted a firehose of info on my Challenger setup and one he runs for road course competition. In return, I tried not to sound stupid.

I didn't snap pics, but maybe John will chip in...

Here's hoping that one of the journalists doesn't apex early in T11 and encounter the wall. Engage the nannies!

Rich

Last edited:

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the yellow looks different in the gts hood and the shadow blue looks differet in the srt hood! cool

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a couple pictures

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful machines. I would put the Gen V Viper's killer looks up against any car from anywhere in the world, at any price. Stunning.

The last picture- is that gunmetal pearl? How does it look in person? It's hard to get an idea of what these colors really look like, based on SRT's build your own tool. Picture looks bad ass with the sliver stripes and Sidewinder II's.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never get sick of seeing this car or front end!

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's up with the front chin on the 96 B&W? Is it just the angle, 'cause something's just not right about it.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's up with the front chin on the 96 B&W? Is it just the angle, 'cause something's just not right about it.

That one of five, original GTS show cars. I was able to talk to Ralph about it since that very car was plastered on every wall in my room as a kid. It has a more pronounced front fascia, a spare tire and a 3rd brake light bar. It's sits pretty low and was completely built on a RT/10. So the interior is a Gen I. :)

--RS

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Three cars below the bar of soap, is that GTS blue? If so, it looks pretty dark. Why do I ask, because I'm trying gauge the accuracy of the gun metal. Is it actually lighter under different lighting.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Like Gen V but still not get used to the front opening!!!
Take that GEN4 ACR any day of the week before the Gen 5.
Pictures do not do the gen5 any favors for my taste. But i will wait till i see it. Still nothing beats the Gen4 ACR

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Three cars below the bar of soap, is that GTS blue? If so, it looks pretty dark. Why do I ask, because I'm trying gauge the accuracy of the gun metal. Is it actually lighter under different lighting.

different lighting, photographers camera. It's a combination of the two.

For instance here are my shots of the exact same car at VOI12. I did edit them so they could be more 'true' to the eye.

--RS

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4