Elite Air Box

FrankTHutchens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we forgetting that the AirBox makes 50 hp? I have dyno prinouts...
You must be registered for see images
You're a bad man. The box looks like 50hp, not acts like it. :smirk:
The cool factor alone, it's worth 100 horsepower easy. I haven't performed any back to back dyno testing to give you a scientific measurement.. Don't forget the M2 airbox quote above. Testing isn't necessary for Viper products you know; just pick a number out of thin air that will be subliminally associated with the product as fact, and wait for the orders to come in. At this rate the next airbox someone comes up with will be worth 150hp, so wait for that! :)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
extra air adds extra HP. I've added extra air to my viper through top secret methods. I've got about 800rwhp. So what's so hard to beleive about an extra 50rwhp with just a little more air? :confused:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 3 questions for anyone who knows about this box.

1. Is there ANY gains at all from it?
2. on that ebay ad it says will work with STOCK radiator will it also work with aftermarket?
3.can you change the tubes to fit 70mm TB's?

Thanks guys

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who would go to all the trouble to design and manufacture an air box giving 50hp gain,
wouldn't be shy about testing the unit on a dyno, on a drag strip and with temp and pressure measurements.

I don't believe there could be 50hp to be gained from an airbox but of course, that's just my opinion.

It's hard to show proof that there isn't 50hp to be gained. It's easy to show proof of any gain that is produced.
Where's the data?

Seems to me that a temperature measurement in the stock airbox vs. the outside air temperature, was done by RussM.
I believe he couldn't find any difference.
That would mean that you couldn't improve the air temp going into the engine.
Stock airbox air temp is already the same as outside air temp when you are driving down the highway.

A vacuum measurement, inside the stock airbox vs. an aftermarket airbox would show if any improvement had been made in airflow.
An easy thing to do. Has it been done?

All these claims made by airbox people are nothing but bs. If there were real gains there would be data to prove it.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who would go to all the trouble to design and manufacture an air box giving 50hp gain,
wouldn't be shy about testing the unit on a dyno, on a drag strip and with temp and pressure measurements.

I don't believe there could be 50hp to be gained from an airbox but of course, that's just my opinion.

It's hard to show proof that there isn't 50hp to be gained. It's easy to show proof of any gain that is produced.
Where's the data?

Seems to me that a temperature measurement in the stock airbox vs. the outside air temperature, was done by RussM.
I believe he couldn't find any difference.
That would mean that you couldn't improve the air temp going into the engine.
Stock airbox air temp is already the same as outside air temp when you are driving down the highway.

A vacuum measurement, inside the stock airbox vs. an aftermarket airbox would show if any improvement had been made in airflow.
An easy thing to do. Has it been done?

All these claims made by airbox people are nothing but bs. If there were real gains there would be data to prove it.

for once lol I totally agree with Joe. Well put Joe

If it does make even 30 HP and it can be proven by dyno or word of a respected tuner then I will buy that one on E-bay right now other then that I don't thnk 50 can be made from an air box.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody knows cold air is more dense which means more air, which means more power, so I routed my A/C to my air box. I haven't dyno'd it yet but SOTP is at least 100hp. Probably closer to 200.

Simple mod. The toughest thing about it was waiting in line at Home Depot to buy the parts. Email me for instructions.

BTW you'll need a pvc cutter.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Chuck you no longer have A/C in the car?

Also I heard when the A/C is on it kills power any truth to that??

Thanks

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck is on the right track. I'm currently developing a liquid nitrogen injection system similiar to his AC mod. 200 hp easy! ;)

My system will cost $1,000.00, but if you send me $3,000.00 cash I'll send you back a cashier's check for $5,000.00 plus the kit!!!!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please don't tell me you thought I was serious Stu.

To be honest at first I did lol.

Only because I saw someone else mention / do it before I think it was a "pre chiller".

My bad im the village idiot. lol

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
your secret's out now, Chuck Gonna have to show people at the track what's under that hood
Everybody knows cold air is more dense which means more air, which means more power, so I routed my A/C to my air box. I haven't dyno'd it yet but SOTP is at least 100hp. Probably closer to 200.

Simple mod. The toughest thing about it was waiting in line at Home Depot to buy the parts. Email me for instructions. BTW you'll need a pvc cutter.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could I forget. I'm still scared of some mullethead from Bradenton kicking my ***.

nah no mullets were 100% italian it will be guys in suits lol.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A liquid nitrogen cooled intake system is very much a workable item.
Properly designed, it could cool intake air by enough to make a real power gain for racers.

Liquid air could work as well, an on board compressor and flask could make this a power adder for the street too.