Ex Z06'er has questions re: ACR

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Ex Z06\'er has questions re: ACR

First off the Viper is quite a differant car than the Z06.

The ACRs are the same as the GTS with a few exceptions. The ride
is generaly about the same as the GTS. The shocks are adjustable with a special tool. I have never adjusted mine from the factory settings. Almost all of the ACRs come with the comfort goup. (like two per year with out)You can add the fog lights back in. The seats are the same as the GTS, but you can install a seat lowering kit if need be. I have had two GTSs and currently own an ACR. I feel the build quality of the ACR surpassed either of the GTSs, but it was also the newest Viper I have owned. To make sure the car is a good one, you should run a carfax report and have it checked out by a Viper Tech.
Not all ACRs are tracked, many people just use them as a daily driver. I have had my ACR for a year and a half and have about
230 miles on it. It's never been tracked, but my Z06 has been.
This board will be helpful in whatever you find. Just ask questions here and check out the classifieds on this board.

Good luck,

2Charmed

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i went from a 96 gts to a 2000 rt 10/then to a 2002 z06.the z was a awsum car that ran and sounded great and handled great but ever since i experienced the tourqe of the v10 ,i missed it.the zo6 is a great car but i ended selling it in pursuit of the v10.now im baCK with a 99 rt and i love it.the acr will be only a little less plush than a standard gts .good luck i dont think you can go wrong when it comes to a viper.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The ride is a bit hard, but that's a sports car. The rear springs are 1500 lbs they should be 800 lbs and you can change them, but not sure where to get them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper