Experienced Viper Owners wanted within...

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 Points (I'll keep em real simple):
1) If you are looking for a used Viper, check out this site's classifieds. Many good deals to be found here. You should be able to get a much better price for either of the cars you mention here.

2) Stick with a 96 and later car. They have a different engine, better suspension and geometry, and my personal opinion is that they are a more reliable and better car.

I have seen 96s go for very low 50s.

Take your time and be patient. There are many great used cars out there.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 94 Viper with A/C, hardtop, and polished wheels for $45,000.00-had 12,000 miles on it and just like new. Make sure it has A/C (even though I don't use it) because it helps with resale and value of car just like the hardtop and wheels.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sherlock:

...my brother got a '94 RT/10 Callaway 440 (headers and exhaust I think). <FONT COLOR="Red">That's a car I have not seen. Can you post some photos of it? Also, the May issue Road & Track has an article on buying used Vipers.</FONT c>

I've had lots of experience in some pretty great cars like Porsche 996s, the new 996 turbos, Boxster Ss, Vettes, and nothing stirred me like the Viper.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have 1 year left on factory warranty, plus when that's up, I'll be able to get another 4 year warranty after that. The car will be 12 years old and still be covered by factory warranty.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sherlock, when he means abnormal windows, he doesn't just mean you have to roll them down by hand, they don't work like normal car windows at all. Can somebody with a Gen-1 explain this in a clear manner for Sherlock?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 1 windows? explained as simply as possible; They pop off like ny neighbors Jeep windows!

There are higher quality replacements available, but remember, this is meant to be a fair weathered friend. I LOVE my 94 RT and the windows are not even an issue.

Steve

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sherlock, sounds like you are having a good time looking for your Viper! You came to the right place, as I am sure you already see, there are many helpful Viper owners here! Take your time and get a good feel for which Viper you want! If you are looking for a '95 there is one on Ebay right now that is $50, yes it's a 10k more than the one you are looking at, but it is equiped with a 650 Hennessey package! Check it out and read up on on the 650 package! More power than you could imagine!
And if you haven't been in a Gen II yet, get in one, because there are differences. This way you know exactly what you want.
Best of luck! Happy Hunting!
Casey

Acatala7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Sherlock,

That guy wouldn't happen to be Jim Tilsdale at F40 motorsports in Portland Ct. would it?

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
You can't get away with your various spellings of Seekonk! this is the correct way, Seekonk, and that speedway has been there for many, many years. Try this site out www.seekonkspeedway.com , and you will get to their website. This is not a link, sorry, don't know how to enter those yet, but that is the address on the internet. It is a very popular track, and I think it is just off of I-195, almost back to the RI line from Newport, Tony. We were back in RI this past week, but not for pleasure. My Mom passed away, and we went back to see to the funeral arrangements and to be with Dad.

Acatala7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sherlock,

Jim sold me my Viper , in fact i was there last friday at the cruise night on Rt 66 (down the road).Most cars he has are on consignment. I met him through a friend of mine that bought a Testarossa from him. He's a good guy to deal with, but because the cars are consignment, i'd have someone take a peek for you.

Roland--- you have my most sincere condolences

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri,

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed helping you find your Viper!! Your willingness to help other Viper owners or potential Viper owners is certainly payment in full!

The best part, by far, of owning a Viper is the other Viper owners!! What a great group and I am happy to be part of the "group".
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images