Extra Driving Lights?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I'm toying with the Idea of getting a spare nose for the front of the GTS and cutting the nose to fit Full size GTS-R Le mans Racing driving lamps. I'm not a fan of the Auto form nose as the extra lights are too small, I want to go for the correct race look with the yellow covers.

Has anyone done this? Looking for some advice, will the larger driving lamps fit a stock GTS?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is your goal? More light?, or the GTSR look?
I agree that the autoform facia looks kinda weird, but i also think the GTSR facia looks like a hackjob because well that basically is what it is.

I have HID's in my lowbeams as well as yellow HID's in my fogs. The combination of the 2 provides plenty of light.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm ok with both the autoform and gtsr look, I hope you post pictures once you are done with the mod if you go in that direction. I also have HID headlights and fogs and its a 1000% better then stock lighting

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to go for the full race look but do not want to hack into my original front fascia, I'm not sure how the original Race Driving lamps were fitted, I'm hoping some one who has one of the original race cars could chime in and give some advice on how it was done and with what materials. Being as the front end on a Viper is soft and flexible, I'm not sure weather the original units were moulded in one piece or weather they just cut a big chunk out of the nose and riveted / glued extra bits of plastic of aluminium?

I would also love the dimensions and like to know what lights were used.

I have HID Headlamps, I now want to upgrade the Main beam too. It looks a bit odd having a yellow light with the HID. My Fog lamps are still OEM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS