Removing ancient Viper security system?

Chuckster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gents: I’m not a car alarm expert, but my 1994 has a “viper” brand security system sticker and the saddest installation I’ve ever seen. Miles of extra wire and I haven’t yet looked at the splices. Question: anyone have any info on what I’m going to be looking at to completely excise this demon? I’ve been driving it for a while after cutting away the speaker. But now my car has gone dead (hoping for a fuse) and I’m going to go in and look around for quality of connections and I’m sure this system could be a potential tail suspect. What components might I be looking to find and are there any issues just simply removing everything that doesn’t appear to be factory wiring??? I’ll take any hints. Thanks!!!!!

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is aftermarket of course. If it is not splitted in and they cut wires, you just are going to have to resolder them together and heat shrink the joints.

Get a service manual so you can reference wire colors, etc.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This better not be another PCM biting the dust. If it is you will be the 3rd one in the pass 3 weeks.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I just removed a Viper Security System and unknown remote start
from my Honda earlier this year. Not the same i know, but i suspect
the drama will be. You need to take your time and deal with every
bad/cut connection in turn - if you miss one, or fail to properly re-
connect the wiring it could lead to serious issues, least of which
would be your car not starting again.

Pic of the actual mess from my car:

Attachments

• 20200502_170317.jpg
    20200502_170317.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Chuckster

Chuckster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is also messy. The thing that’s troubling is that the connector to the factory security system isn’t attached. I just need to trace everything. This system has two relays that have to go. It’s just really hard to get my head into that kick panel space in the viper!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala