Factory RT10 hardtop question

ukviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Picked up a factory hardtop and have a silly question. The rear "pins" dont appear to have a lever to release them like the soft top does, so how do you release the pins on the hardtop? is there a tool to do it or something?

Nick

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front pins do not have the levers. I usually use an allen wrench or just push down where it latches to release the tension and they can be released with finger pressure.

OP
OP
U

ukviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But what about the rears? They have a spring type barb pin that opens then closes around the latching pin in the body, the soft top has a little lever that you can push open the barb and pull it up and out, i dont see anything similar on the hard top.

Nick

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '01 hard top has the clothespin-type latch for the rear. Try posting some pics, maybe someone can identify if its for a GenI or II?

OP
OP
U

ukviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ahhh, looks like the hardtop I have is for a GEN II then. It fits as far as "shape goes, just has the rear clothespin type latch.
Can these be modified to fit a GEN I?? I am sure I read on here that the GEN II is basically the same but dont need to have the pad removed before installation? The pins are in the same place dimentionally (I know the windows are different, but I never drive with the windows in anyway, I am more concerned about the sun right now (medical reasons).

Heres a picture of the underside.

Nick

Attachments

• DSC01838.jpg
    DSC01838.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
U

ukviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to Chuck at Tators I have worked out what top I have and what I need to do.

thanks.
Nick