Fair trade in for 2006 coupe blk/sil???

OP
OP
S

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Given the Manheim data, it seems like $50k for a private party sale will be the right number. I'm the original owner, always took care of it meticulously and can tell the next buyer about the history of the car, etc. I have to think that is a bit more comforting to a potential buyer than purchasing an auction car from a dealer (at least it would be for me). I'm in no rush, so I've listed it for $52k and we'll see where it goes.

On the replacement, I have looked closely at the CTS-V. People who have them, seem to love them. But I'm probably more a GTR guy. In fact, when the car was being advertised for release, I was originally on the first waiting lists for one but ultimately decided back in 2009 to keep the Viper a bit longer.

So, it's been narrowed down to one of the following: a used 2009 ZR1 ($85k or thereabouts); a used 2010 GTR ($68k); or a used 2007 997tt ($88k). Given those acquisition prices, the future depreciation picture seems manageable and that's another reason why these three options make the most sense right now.

I'm done buying brand new cars ;)

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So am I. Let someone else eat the depreciation for once.
I'm done with new.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if someone walked up and offered me 48k for my 06 Coupe I'd be handing him the title. Everyone has a price for sure. Unfortunately sentimental value isn't a quantitative measure and can't be fit into a price if you're going to try and sell it. It's just a car, you can always use that as a downer on a new(er) one.

JMOHO
--FQB

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the CTS-V is a great car, but i dont know how you compare a ZO6, and Viper with it. Toatally different rides to me and no comparison in thrill factor. JMOP as i pass these things all day long at the track. And no insults given just a opinion.:)

Because I currently own all three cars. I honestly enjoy driving the CTS-V just as much as the Z06 - when it was stock. No, it isn't faster than the Z06, but it is a lot nicer car and has a lot nicer interior. The CTS-V does everything well, its a better overall package, to me.

You must be registered for see images attach

kilr4d

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Because I currently own all three cars. I honestly enjoy driving the CTS-V just as much as the Z06 - when it was stock. No, it isn't faster than the Z06, but it is a lot nicer car and has a lot nicer interior. The CTS-V does everything well, its a better overall package, to me.

What year was your Z06? I recently got rid of my 2006 Z06 after 3 happy years of ownership, but I couldn't beleive how much nicer the 2008+ interior was.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What year was your Z06? I recently got rid of my 2006 Z06 after 3 happy years of ownership, but I couldn't beleive how much nicer the 2008+ interior was.

My Z06 is a 2009. The 2008+ just has a nicer center radio/shifter cluster cover. These are only about $300-400 and most pre-2008 owners just swap them out.

Still not nearly as nice as a CTS interior. C6 seats are the worst performance car seats in the industry, too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte